No announcement yet.

Dexter Dennis 6'5 SG/SF 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears this kids recruitment was just starting to blow up as high major programs all offered recently

Comment

Perfect player for today's game.

Comment

Looks official...

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          The goshockers.com article makes it official.

Love the signing and found several compliments about him being a hard worker & grinder. Great shooter that reminds me of David Kyles from highlight tape.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
          Love the signing and found several compliments about him being a hard worker & grinder. Great shooter that reminds me of David Kyles from highlight tape.
          There was also mention of being a good student. The combination of physical talent and intangibles seems good on paper. Given these traits, he seems like a guy that should have been on the recruiting services radar, but it is really easy to forget the blindspots in that system. Time will tell, but I think we might have gotten a steal here.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Dexter did a unofficial visit to Georgia Tech. Did he visit anywhere else?

Comment

Hopefully more like TC and less like CJ.

Comment

This kid has potential. Good for Marshall to beat out some tough competition late.

Comment

Guys, this is looking like, offensively speaking, Tekele Cotton -- but with deep range. I didn't realize that he barely played AAU and was therefore not evaluated by the services. This could be a major, major steal.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...208899469.html

"When he gets in the open court and he gets that step in the lane, then there's going to be a body."
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• shock
                    shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like that he didnt play much AAU ball. No shoes involved, could be a major player

• wu_shizzle
                    wu_shizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Best part of the article: "When he gets in the open court and he gets that step in the lane, then there's going to be a body."

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                  Hopefully more like TC and less like CJ.
                  From the limited video we see, Dexter appears to have a nice outside shot. Neither a young TC or CJ (ever) had a nice outside shot.

Comment

I like that he's been coached by a former 3G point guard from Winthrop. That might give him some limited head start in Gregg's system.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

From the limited video we see, Dexter appears to have a nice outside shot. Neither a young TC or CJ (ever) had a nice outside shot.
                      Yeah, not much to go on. I was thinking more along the lines of a Jamar Howard with an outside shot. But basically we just need Dexter to be the best Dexter Dennis he can be.

Comment

6'5" and 200 now. He can probably play at 215 or so by the time he's a So. or a Jr. That puts him in Baker territory for the ability to play physical.

At first I was wondering if he's "all that" why is he still available? Never played AAU, so he didn't get seen there, and played small town ball in HS. Then Marshall gets the "you gotta see this guy" message. This is almost an exact parallel of Baker's situation coming into WSU.

Had some decent assist numbers at prep school. That gets interesting.

I have no fear of being skeptical, even if Marshall thought someone was good enough for a schollie. I'm optimistic about this signing. Seems to have decent quickness for someone with his length and width.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This is the first piece of my dream Torres, Alvarez and Dexter trifecta.

Comment

I'm excited. It seems like we've been reaching a little and this kid is legit.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                            X