Joe Cremo 6'4 G Grad Transfer to Villanova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    I keep hearing jucos and grad transfers... But I think getting a transfer that sits a year would be ideal as well
    No problem with that idea, at all. It will be very tough to balance classes losing 10 (8 scholarship) players this spring. Here's hoping for a huge and shocking (pleasantly) signing day.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Solid analysis, so thank you ShockTalk . But I think my point was missed: Hindsight is 20/20.

We had no idea how well Armstead really knew HCGM's system, just that he had opportunity to learn it.

Same deal with Baker. CJ has had plenty of opportunity and practice, but he's on his way out. In retrospect, we know Baker's BBIQ was off the charts. We (average fans) didn't know that in April 2012.

Hall was Hall. We all knew he was good. He was a known quantity, but he only had a year of experience. Some of us are complaining about guys on this team who have just as much, if not more, and some have better (albeit different) stats.

Sure, we had a senior guard on that team. We also have a senior SF/PF on next year's team who had an underwhelming junior season thanks to injury. I think he's going to pissed and motivated next year.

If you thought my point was to piss on the 2013 FF team, it wasn't. My point was we had all kinds of reasons to be very pessimistic about that team--and I'm sure many of us were. We can cherry pick stats until we're blue in the face. But let's see next year's team lace 'em up in a few games before we lose hope.
      Sorry if my reply seemed to emphasize hindsight. I tried to only look at previous performance and experience for the incoming '12-'13 class and base any optimism/pessimism on such.

This year's team will have 1,387 minutes between 3 players returning from last year with 6 total years experience in the program. The '12-'13 team had 2,248 minutes returning from 5 players (not counting Wessel due to injury) with 8 years in the program (does not count Armstead's D-I experience). We also had 2 RS players for '12-'13 and only 1 this coming year.

Armstead played 1 year Juco and 2 years at Oregon who won 45 games while he was the PG. He played over 1,000 minutes each year, averaged about 10 ppg, accumulated over 380 assists and over 150 steals. He had 3 or less months to learn the Oregon system his first year, but he had over a year to learn Marshall's. I see no reason not have been very optimistic about possibly the most important position on the court to having a chance at a good season. Particularly when you add how we felt about FVV coming in with him. I will be ecstatic if we have anything close to this combo at PG this coming year.

I did say that as fans, we didn't possibly know much about what we had in Baker, but the coaches did after a RS year and that's more important. I'll make this a "push" based on what we knew about Baker and what we know about Brown.

Hall was a Juco. You say we knew he was good, but had only 1 year of experience. If he had any more experience, he sill wouldn't have been here. One good year is much more known than almost nothing known.

This year, our current best player, arguably, is a bit of a question because of his injury and his play afterwards. That takes a little optimism away. However, I too, think he will be fine and back up to snuff.

I knew you weren't pissing on the '13 pre-season team. I want to be optimistic about this coming year's team. I'm just saying that there was a lot more known, and about more positions, in 2013 and there is for 2018. 2013 was more of a reload. Like it or not, 2018 is a rebuild. There is just too much difference. I think it's quite a reach to expect a team with little experience, who will lean on several freshmen for success, to accomplish what last year's, highly touted and senior laden team did, even if they did underperform. That's just a big reach.

I believe next year will be an exciting year with all the new faces and being able to watch them grow. There is a lot of potential, so there is reason to optimistic. People just shouldn't have unwarranted expectations until more is actually seen on the floor.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
        Rocky Mountain Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I can agree with all that. All great points. Thanks for your well thought out response.

Next year will be interesting, with some great highs and awful lows.Hopefully it will be fun watching the team come together and figure things out.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, awful lows are ones you don't expect. I expect and prepared for some lows. If the players use them to build character, they'll be part of growing and getting better.

Two words. "Open tryouts"

Comment

Jesus God.

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not getting anything from this, WuDrWu. Did the decoder ring setting change? :)

• Shox The Revenant
          Shox The Revenant commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds ominous

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing, dizzle, that Doc is responding to Kochaddict (who apparently has a very heavy monkey on his back), and that he believes The Answer for next year and beyond is NOT wandering around at 21st and Hillside waiting for an open tryout to be announced so he can come to the rescue.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Jesus God.
        "Jaime Echenique Says U Silly Gits Oughta De-stress" which clearly indicates that WuDrWU has heard that JE will be manning the point next year. #nailedit
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Jesus God.
          The Assman

Comment

This kid is very highly sought after.

The tweet was deleted, but an Albany media member said his top five were WSU, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Ohio State and Creighton.
            Last edited by shocks02; April 5, 2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

This is the guy you want to replace Landrys minutes with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I love that movie
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Duke in on Cremo now. Less likely for us each day forward, I'd have to assume.

Comment

Damn

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Duke! I think I'll puke!!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Poet and don't know it.

So

Comment

Yeah, but you may be forgetting our secret weapon. We can show these grad transfers a few Carlos O'Kelly's queso commercials and show them what's in store if they finish their career as a Shocker.

Comment

Jeff *******
                          Verified account
                          @GoodmanESPN
                          13h13 hours ago More

Albany grad transfer Joe Cremo @JCremo24 told ESPN he will visit Creighton this weekend. Averaged 17.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 45.8 3PT%

Comment

Working...
                          X