No announcement yet.

Joe Cremo 6'4 G Grad Transfer to Villanova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't drink for about six weeks prior to yesterday... But one margarita before halftime led to a couple dirty vodka martinis and red bull shots by nights end... Bill self never disappoints

Comment

Dirty martinis are good. In fact, because I'm not much of a drinker, I've taken to just sipping the olive juice out of the jar straight. Tasty.

Comment

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Hilarious!

Whoops, I meant to say mojitos are good.

Comment

Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 3h3 hours ago More
        • Copy link to Tweet
        • Embed Tweet

Jeff ******* Retweeted Jeff *******
        Marquette, Texas, Seton hall and Cincinnati have also now reached out to Albany grad transfer Joe Cremo.

Comment

Albany graduate transfer Joe Cremo is in new, unfamiliar territory, as he sifts through his recruitment for the first time.

Sounds like he's pretty wide open on everything and hasn't started trimming down choices.

Comment

Do you guys think a graduate transfer is really in the works for this season given the Shocks will likely struggle and not be a threat to make a deep tourney run? I can understand WSU being a great draw for a young guy who can start from day one, but I tend to think the older guys will look elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong. My wife says I've been wrong before...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
              Do you guys think a graduate transfer is really in the works for this season given the Shocks will likely struggle and not be a threat to make a deep tourney run? I can understand WSU being a great draw for a young guy who can start from day one, but I tend to think the older guys will look elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong. My wife says I've been wrong before...
              I agree that could make WSU less attractive to a grad transfer although predicting a deep tourney run anymore seems like quite a crapshoot. However, in the Shockers case just making the Big Dance next year is far from assured with all the new faces we will have especially now that Landry is gone At the very least the Shockers currently have more questiosn than answers about next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I agree that could make WSU less attractive to a grad transfer although predicting a deep tourney run anymore seems like quite a crapshoot. However, in the Shockers case just making the Big Dance next year is far from assured with all the new faces we will have especially now that Landry is gone At the very least the Shockers currently have more questiosn than answers about next year.

But to answer the question: A grad transfer absolutely could be in the works. WSU is a high-profile program. The chance to start at point for the Shockers is a tremendous opportunity with significant national visibility.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A grad transfer could be in the works. However, most of these better grad transfers are looking to land a spot with a team that is higly likely to be in the NCAA Tournament. At this point in time it is hard to make that argument for Wichita State considering what we are replacing. This is clearly a factor that some of these guys will take into account.

I just don't get how some think we can't make the big dance... He's gone like seven years straight.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lost the entire starting lineup and 2 key reserves. Returning 2 rotation players. Bringing in 5 Fr and a JuCo post with unimpressive stats. Replacing an AA PG with a first-year PG, who is not currently on the roster, signed, or committed. Replacing an all-conference post with either one guy with very few D1 minutes, or several guys with no D1 minutes.

Gonna take a lot of "coaching" to get that to the NIT.

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's possible we can make the dance but it will be a heckuva challenge with all the new faces and question marks we have. Of course, we do not know for sure yet what our roster will even look like. Also 6 of those 7 years we were in the MVC and we replacing 6 seniors + Landry and approximatley 75% of our playing time, scoring and rebounding. We have 24 years of D-1 experience walking out the door (not counting redshirt years).

Obviously, it is pretty clear why some think we may not make the big dance. I don't understand why you think that because we made the dance 7 years running we are sure to make it again.

Good teams who make the NCAA tournament every year have bigger unknowns than WSU does. If u are paid the big bucks, then you have to deliver. Coach Marshall has continued to deliver year after year - so I see no reason why we should doubt now.

I expect Markus to have a outstanding year next year. I also expect WSU to get back to their PLAY ANGRY defensive style. It will be to see who steps up and emerges to be the next great players of the program.

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think you can name a single program with more unknowns than us.

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kentucky, basically every year.

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can name one - Arizona. Not only do they lose everybody, they lost all their recruits and any day their coach could be indicted. I think they have a few more unknowns than WSU.

And just how many 5 Star McDonald All Americans are on our incoming roster?

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That wasn't the question. Kentucky is the easy answer, but there are other programs that also have to answer lots of questions each year. Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and Michigan state will all have a ton of questions to answer next year. I understand we don't recruit in the same circles, but when you talk about making the dance every year for 7 straight years those are the programs that are in similar situations.

Gonzaga has in the past and had to completely retool. I know they are in a weaker league and that helps some, but no one is surprised when they are in the top 25.

My expectation every year is that we compete for a conference title and make the big dance. When we were in the valley it was to win the conference, but we are in a much tougher league now. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot in the conference and NCAA tourneys. So even when we are excellent I never expect to make the sweet 16. Marshall is any excellent recruiter and motivator. I expect there may be tough patches, but I can bet 3G has the same expectations of his squad.

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of those teams significantly out recruit their conferences... WSU has matched the competition this year....

This isn't the Valley where good defense and a couple of "dudes" is enough.

A few of these new guys have to be "dudes" for us to dance next year.

Well to the nay sayers who think that Marshall can’t do it. We’ve trusted Marshall before. Sure we have questions, but I have not seen the good reasons to doubt him now.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  And just how many 5 Star McDonald All Americans are on our incoming roster?
                  Same amount that was on WSU final four team.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    25% of the active roster players on the F4 team ended up in the NBA. That's a rather unusual statistic for a school that recruits3* and some 4* players.

Next year we will have more "dudes" then we did this year... Book it.. Those players that have dude characteristics IMO are:

Eric Stevenson
                  Reaves
                  McDuffie
                  Miitgard
                  Udeze

Comment

• Woodrow
                    Woodrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Moore

It’s a disappointment if we don’t make the tourney. Wsu doesn’t pay Marshall a top ten salary to sit out March. I expect to be in the tourney next year. Maybe we aren’t thinking a final four run is realistic, but we should atleast be there.

Comment

Working...
                  X