Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Wichita State has reached out to Wichita native and Maize grad Caleb Grill. His dad (and former coach), Chris, played for the Shockers in the 1997-98 season.

Comment

• Has there been anything on Grill lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Has there been anything on Grill lately?
        Reported on the Jay Bilas Transfer Portal thread that Grill is visiting MIzzou and West Virginia.

Comment

• Feels like Grill has never been interested in coming home considering this is the fourth time he gets to pick a school.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            Feels like Grill has never been interested in coming home considering this is the fourth time he gets to pick a school.
            yes, it's curious

Comment

• He strikes me as one (of the many) the grew up in the area and is part of the trend that hates on Wichita, but, in the end, ends up moving back and living here after college and/or a few years in the “big city”.

Nothing against him. It’s a tale as old as time; one that will live on well past his playing career.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yes, it's curious
                But not uncommon.

Comment

• If he likes Wichita as home he should return. His toughness and skill level would make him a fan favorite. That could easily translate into future business success locally. If he wants to make the Wichita area home I think returning would boost his earning power for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    If he likes Wichita as home he should return. His toughness and skill level would make him a fan favorite. That could easily translate into future business success locally. If he wants to make the Wichita area home I think returning would boost his earning power for years to come.
                    If he doesn’t come here, he can kiss that position at Stoutheart Financial goodbye!
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      If he likes Wichita as home he should return. His toughness and skill level would make him a fan favorite. That could easily translate into future business success locally. If he wants to make the Wichita area home I think returning would boost his earning power for years to come.
                      I agree. Players don’t think about long term connections and networking though.

I think that will be a problem with players going forward. With the portal and constant movement, players won’t make those long term connections and network with well-to-do alumni of their schools that they can utilize when 99% of them won’t make it in the NBA.
                      The Assman

Comment

• This is like the 6th or 7th time he has NOT considered WSU. Has to be a record for an ICT kid.

Comment

This is like the 6th or 7th time he has NOT considered WSU. Has to be a record for an ICT kid.
                          But if he has never considered WSU to be an option that is 0 times he has considered WSU as an option which would tie a record held by many. OTOH, he may well have considered WSU as an option all those many times and decided to take another option. Maybe the 7th time will be a charm, or not.

Comment

This is like the 6th or 7th time he has NOT considered WSU. Has to be a record for an Wichita kid.
                            clarity

Comment

This is like the 6th or 7th time he has NOT considered WSU. Has to be a record for an ICT kid.
                              Did something come out that said he is not considering WSU this time? I’m pretty sure I saw a tweet that WSU had reached out to him this time, which may have been the first time we’ve tried to recruit him. He may just be doing due diligence with other schools. Somebody should ask Taylor to get us an update.

Comment

• He followed Otzelberger around to a couple of schools so there wasn't any recruiting happening during those transfers. Saying this is the 6th or 7th time is misleading.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X