Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I can't even find rumors from ISU fans about what may have caused this.
    Definitely strange this late in the season.

Iowa State guard Caleb Grill kicked off team just days before Big 12 tournament (msn.com)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Aftershocks material

Comment

• Interesting. His mom recently tweeted about Senior Day in Ames.

Comment

• I will keep my guesses to myself.
          Last edited by shoxlax; March 1, 2023, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Reading the newspaper articles regarding this issue, his struggles with mental health this season (along with physical problems), it is really hard for me to understand how or what he said was so bad that it negates these struggles to such a level to kick him off the team. He is such a well-spoken young man and has the highest regards for everything Iowa St. Really strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Reading the newspaper articles regarding this issue, his struggles with mental health this season (along with physical problems), it is really hard for me to understand how or what he said was so bad that it negates these struggles to such a level to kick him off the team. He is such a well-spoken young man and has the highest regards for everything Iowa St. Really strange.
                Yea, that's where i was at. Considering there are likely only 2 weeks left in ISU's season, kicking him off the team versus benching him would have to be something really bad.

Comment

Reading the newspaper articles regarding this issue, his struggles with mental health this season (along with physical problems), it is really hard for me to understand how or what he said was so bad that it negates these struggles to such a level to kick him off the team. He is such a well-spoken young man and has the highest regards for everything Iowa St. Really strange.
                  The answer might lie within the "Read 14 replies" in the 'Keith Murphy' tweet posted above. Only speculation...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, that's where i was at. Considering there are likely only 2 weeks left in ISU's season, kicking him off the team versus benching him would have to be something really bad.
                    My understanding is that he has had "problems" throughout most of the season. Why weren't these issues professionally and coaching-wise addressed with more concern at those times or at least when they first started reoccurring? I don't mean just benching him for a game. Someone had to have known he had real, and dangerous, problems to himself and possibly others. It would seem to me that he should have had a professional medical release and continued monitoring. He was also very close the head coach. How does kicking him off the team at this point really help anyone? One's physical and mental health is always more important than a basketball game.

Comment

My understanding is that he has had "problems" throughout most of the season. Why weren't these issues professionally and coaching-wise addressed with more concern at those times or at least when they first started reoccurring? I don't mean just benching him for a game. Someone had to have known he had real, and dangerous, problems to himself and possibly others. It would seem to me that he should have had a professional medical release and continued monitoring. He was also very close the head coach. How does kicking him off the team at this point really help anyone? One's physical and mental health is always more important than a basketball game.
                      Yea .. ISU is 4-10 since playing KU in Jan. Feels like they might be looking for a scape goat here

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The answer might lie within the "Read 14 replies" in the 'Keith Murphy' tweet posted above. Only speculation...

If you're referring to it maybe being a racial slur, just who really benefited from him being kicked off the team. This is how you address a season long struggle with mental (and physical) issues??? This thing was festering all season long. He was not the only one, by far, responsible.

Comment

If you're referring to it maybe being a racial slur, just who really benefited from him being kicked off the team. This is how you address a season long struggle with mental (and physical) issues??? This thing was festering all season long. He was not the only one, by far, responsible.
                          Look how fast they disappeared Cale Gundy and that was BS to begin with.

Comment

• I know that I saw a post maybe 30 minutes ago from TE stating that WSU was in contact with Grill. Am I loosing my mind or am I blind? I can't find it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                              I know that I saw a post maybe 30 minutes ago from TE stating that WSU was in contact with Grill. Am I loosing my mind or am I blind? I can't find it now.
                              I definitely saw a tweet that we were in contact. Don't know if it was from Taylor or someone else
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I definitely saw a tweet that we were in contact. Don't know if it was from Taylor or someone else
                                Good, at least if I'm going crazy, I won't be alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X