X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    Originally posted by Kung Wu
    I'm completely drawing a blank, but who did we have red-shirting last year?
    Nobody. Our class was Ehimen, Rags and Smith
    Ah that's why I was drawing a blank.
    Perfectly acceptable. It's odd not to have a single FR in a recruiting class.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't get the fascination with Smith as a 4. If he's playing there, we're in trouble. He'd be way undersized even in the Valley. Just because someone rebounds well, doesn't mean they can play in the post. Hell, I rebounded very well in HS and I may have been the shortest guy on the team. Smith is a strong cat, but having him defend post players that are 6'8" would NOT be a good thing.
      It's not a fascination with Smith at the 4; just saying it could happen from time to time - especially early on when everyone is learning the system. I would rather see him at the 3 also; just sayin...

Comment

It's just that ever since he got here people have been talking about him playing a little 4. He could. But if he does, we're in trouble. If anybody other than Hall or White are playing the 4, I hope it's Garrett with Ehimen at the 5 :D
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think the fascination with Smith playing the 4 stemmed from his ability to get rebounds among the trees. The thing is, those are mostly the result of "sneaking" in from outside.

I question his ability to rebound from a post position and effectively guard a 6'7" or taller post-up PF. If he can somehow channel a little Ryan Martin, then he would be a great asset on offense as bigger, slower guys try to guard him on the perimeter.

Comment

Speaking of Ben Smith, I know we can be mislead by pick up games...but. Bwing's description of Ede's play makes me wonder if there will be a very close fight coming up for the starting SF position.
            In the fast lane

Comment

TM at 3, Kyles at 2. Smith waaay better off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                I saw where you put the chart in the Feherty thread in the Off-topic forum by mistake. You probably need to delete that.
                Thanks. I will take care of it right away.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

It's just that ever since he got here people have been talking about him playing a little 4. He could. But if he does, we're in trouble. If anybody other than Hall or White are playing the 4, I hope it's Garrett with Ehimen at the 5 :D
                  What position did Ryan Martin play during our S16 run?

I'm not saying I want Smith playing the 4, but he has to be the backup plan if a 4/5 player or two gets in foul trouble or misses a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                    TM at 3, Kyles at 2. Smith waaay better off the bench.
                    Perhaps.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                      What position did Ryan Martin play during our S16 run?

I'm not saying I want Smith playing the 4, but he has to be the backup plan if a 4/5 player or two gets in foul trouble or misses a few games.
                      Not to mention that Ede might be able to help at the 4 in an emergency. Nobody wants to have to depend on either of them to play the 4 too much, but in the right situations, they could possibly help. Not only Ryan Martin helping at both the 4 and 5 when needed, but Jamar Howard playing the 4 at times says you can get by. At least for a while against the right match up.

Comment

Is this now correct?

My head is spinning over number of players and available scholarships. Has this been sorted out as yet?

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Yep

Looks good, RDR. The only question I'd have is whether Armstead, whom I assume will not be on scholarship this year, will be a scholarship guy next year (and, I guess, this corollary question: if so, whether that scholarship will begin in January -- the old Jamar Howard maneuver).

If Armstead will be a scholarship guy in 2012-13, the early commitments hold up, and the prospective returnees all return, WSU has only one spot still open for the 2012-13 season.

Comment

So if things hold to recent form we should expect 2 to 4 more incoming players for 2012. I guess I'll put a LOL after that.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

The Jamar Howard thing had nothing to do with the magic number of 13 skollies, and that grayshirt rule is no longer valid, anyway.

Comment

This chart is based upon latest information. If there are errors, please let me know.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X