Player Availability Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Availability Status

I am most sure that I have an error in this matrix. Please let me know, so I can correct it.

I was going crazy in trying to organize player status in my mind for the coming years.

Now that I think about it, I may be incorrect on Baker's status. I am not sure he will red shirt this coming season.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Looks good, RDR. I think you are correct on Baker. The plan is for him to redshirt and pay his own way this year. Excepting an injury to one of Ragland, Williams, Murry or Kyles I don't see any minutes available.

I like that we are at least 2-deep at each position this year. And I think the following year Wessel can be #2 behind Ede at SF. Plus there are still two open scholarships to fill for next year.

Comment

I saw where you put the chart in the Feherty thread in the Off-topic forum by mistake. You probably need to delete that.

Comment

And in a few months, we may see the lines of Cotton and/or Wessel spread out to another year. I wouldn't be surprised to see both RS.

1 - Rags, Williams, Murry
        2 - Murry, Kyles, Williams
        3 - Kyles, Smith, Murry, Ede
        4 - Hall, White
        5 - Stutz, Ehimen

That's 10. We could see Murry/Kyles (2) and Smith/Ede (3). Of course there will be a lot of mixing of the lineups. Not sure Wessel or Cotton see much court time and taking a RS would make sense.

But that'll be determined in the fall. The chart looks good.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm completely drawing a blank, but who did we have red-shirting last year?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
            Nobody. Our class was Ehimen, Rags and Smith
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I really think you may see some of:
              1 Rags
              2 Kyles
              3 Murry
              4 Smith
              5 Stutz

Smith would be undersized for a 4, but he does board, it gives the most experience, and may not be too undersized for the Valley.

Comment

I don't get the fascination with Smith as a 4. If he's playing there, we're in trouble. He'd be way undersized even in the Valley. Just because someone rebounds well, doesn't mean they can play in the post. Hell, I rebounded very well in HS and I may have been the shortest guy on the team. Smith is a strong cat, but having him defend post players that are 6'8" would NOT be a good thing.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree. You won't be seeing Smith at the 4, he will be playing the 3. Hall is here to be our starting 4.

As I see it:

1 - Rags, Williams
                  2 - Murry, Kyles
                  3 - Smith, Ede
                  4 - Hall, White
                  5 - Stutz, Ehimen

With Ede and White both being possible sleepers. This is assuming that Wessel and Cotton will redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    I don't get the fascination with Smith as a 4. If he's playing there, we're in trouble. He'd be way undersized even in the Valley. Just because someone rebounds well, doesn't mean they can play in the post. Hell, I rebounded very well in HS and I may have been the shortest guy on the team. Smith is a strong cat, but having him defend post players that are 6'8" would NOT be a good thing.
                    For that not to happen, Garrett and EO will need to increase their playing time from 641 minutes (2010-11) to 1500 minutes to keep Hall out of the 5. As it is, Carl will probably only play about 30 mpg meaning White would see 10 mpg as a true freshman. If Garrett and EO only double their last year minutes, Hall would see about 6 mpg at the 5 and Jake's mpg goes up to 16. Any one little thing happens beyond that that would affect any one of their playing times and the situation gets tighter.

Also, I don't see Kyles playing any SF and, hopefully, no PG for Murry.

Comment

White was a Parade AA and ESPN rated him an 89 ("Player is a fringe high-major recruit who contributes or a standout mid-level recruit.").

He may not provide the consistent quality depth that Blair gave us, but it should be enough to make sure Smith doesn't see more than a few spot-minutes at the 4.

I'm expecting him to be similar to Jake Koch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        For that not to happen, Garrett and EO will need to increase their playing time from 641 minutes (2010-11) to 1500 minutes to keep Hall out of the 5. As it is, Carl will probably only play about 30 mpg meaning White would see 10 mpg as a true freshman. If Garrett and EO only double their last year minutes, Hall would see about 6 mpg at the 5 and Jake's mpg goes up to 16. Any one little thing happens beyond that that would affect any one of their playing times and the situation gets tighter.

Also, I don't see Kyles playing any SF and, hopefully, no PG for Murry.
                        I don't see a problem in White playing about 15 minutes a game. I'm going into the season expecting 10-15. Stutz will be able to play 20-25. When he was allowed to play those minutes last year he did quite well. Ehimen is the question mark. I believe he'll be just fine and contribute 15-20 or so. If something goes wrong and those aren't done, then like I said, we're screwed.

The SG/SF much of the time is interchangeable. Or at least has been. Murry and Kyles are both plenty capable of playing either. Murry should see very little time at the point. Rags and DWill should have that taken care of. Which leaves Murry, Kyles, Smith and Ede taking up the majority of the wing play. DWill can get a few minutes there as well if needed.

I'm excited.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I'm expecting him to be similar to Jake Koch.
                          I would be absolutely fine with that.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Good analogy and comparison Royal. I think White will score more than Koch though. The young man has a Larry Bird type motor in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                              Nobody. Our class was Ehimen, Rags and Smith
                              Ah that's why I was drawing a blank.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X