• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majority knew this kid was not coming here... Not a shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
      Majority knew this kid was not coming here... Not a shocker
      Dammit, I thought we had a slim chance... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Seems like Taylor jumped the gun with his early article. I think I prefer Nefti anyways but I admittedly know nothing about either of these guys outside of watching their highlights.

Comment

• pie n eye
          pie n eye commented
          Editing a comment
          I said jumped the gun because it seems like in the past the Eagle generally wouldn’t write a story about a recruit unless we were pretty close to signing them. Based on what I’ve read in this thread it doesn’t seem like there was much interest on his end or that we were ever close to signing him or even getting a visit. But again, this is based on nothing but second hand info from the Eagle or Shockernet. That’s where I was coming from. Definitely didn’t want to give the impression I’m negative towards Taylor. He’s doing a great job.

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          In a reply to a tweet I sent to Taylor, he admitted our chances of landing Akinjo were very slim. But I think the Marshall home visit was newsworthy and one has to think that a highly rated recruit pays attention to what the local press is saying, or not saying, about them. I have to admit I'm still a bit butt hurt that A-Lo departed the pattern but that's my problem.

• homegrownshocker
          homegrownshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Loved the article by Taylor and knowing we put ourselves in a position to get an in home with this player. Played from behind Georgetown since they were recruiting him much longer than us (we had two points iwth Shamet and Alo). Got in the picture and gave ourselves a shot!

• West Coast kid naturally goes East Coast.

Comment

• No longer on the team and entered the transfer portal.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Keep shaving!
            The Assman

Comment

• And we currently have THREE point guards on the team. But I’m sure Marshall has the razor out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                And we currently have THREE point guards on the team. But I’m sure Marshall has the razor out.
                Akinjo is listed as a shooting guard. Percentages are not great. But averaged the most minutes on the team and has 14 steals in 7 games. But Tyson is shooting better and has 10 steals in 7 games, playing 19 minutes/game vs 30 for Akinjo. Akinjo was dismissed summarily. Curious what the story is.

Comment

• I’m sure the answer lies on their message board. Not good from what I understand and involves probable off court misconduct.
                  Last edited by shoxlax; December 2, 2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• It seems that so far, Akinjo hasn't been listed as a participant in any of the legal issues surrounding a couple of other players.

Comment

• The few minutes I've seen of the Hoyas this year he didn't look too bad...

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Maybe he doesn't think the environment is good for him.
                          The Assman

Comment

• From what I have read and heard, he was not dismissed. He chose to transfer.

Comment

• You can never have too many PGs
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                              X