Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
    How can anyone not like this guy? He says all the right stuff, plays his heart out, and has intangible basketball skills you can't teach.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      ... has intangible basketball skills you can't teach.
      Like he makes his teammates better?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        Like he makes his teammates better?
        Yes, that, as well as court vision and his ability to attack the rim. He has a very aggressive nature to how he runs his offense, he's patient, but he's always attacking. It's hard to teach stuff like that.

Comment

• This part of the article caught my eye

Fred Van Vleet could be a true star at Wichita State. He does everything on the court, leading Auburn in points, rebounds, assists and steals during their state playoff run. He doesn't look quick, but he gets past just about everybody. He plays physical and strong. He reminds me more of Deron Williams than any other player I've ever covered. Of course, Deron Williams was three inches taller. That's a big difference.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrow...-Wichita-State

This part of the article caught my eye
            FVV reminds me more of a rod strickland - john stockton. Great pg skills with the ability to score also.

Comment

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrow...-Wichita-State

This part of the article caught my eye
              This was my favorite part:

But Fred Van Vleet improved his outside shot dramatically his senior season. Deron Williams did the same thing before leading Illinois to the NCAA title game as a junior.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Well, he definitely got screwed over for Mr. Basketball Illinois. He will flourish under Wichita State, I have NO DOUBT. FVV to Early? Are you kidding me? Now it's all over.
                Last edited by another shocker; April 5, 2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  Well, he definitely got screwed over for Mr. Basketball Illinois. He will flourish under Wichita State, I have NO DOUBT. FVV to Early? Are you kidding me? Now it's all over.
                  Probably only one year of lot of FVV to Early, but look at next year's Fr class.

PG - FVV
                  SG - Baker
                  SF - Green
                  PF - Hawkins
                  C - Uwadiae

I'm seeing 3 years of that group getting decent minutes playing together. Maybe only 2 for Henry. Throw in another two years of that group with Cotton and White and the future (past next year) is looking good. Next year isn't looking "bad", but I don;t think we're getting anything past the NIT.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ESPN updated their recruiting database today and now shows FVV as #81 overall for the class of 2012.

Comment

• Hell yea and a 4 star recruit!!!!
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Hell yea and a 4 star recruit!!!!
                        +1000

And a 92... the boy needs to get his picture uploaded.!!!

also appears to be the 6th highest recruit to a non-BCS school...so far...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          +1000

And a 92... the boy needs to get his picture uploaded.!!!

also appears to be the 6th highest recruit to a non-BCS school...so far...
                          I counted 5, but no matter 6 or 5, this is awesome. Glad Fred is getting the recognition he deserves. I'm also thrilled that ESPN had the guts to do this. When a kid signs early to a non bcs team, he's all but written off by most of the recruiting gurus.

Comment

• And still FVV looks to get better. 6.5 hours of ball today, and not happy about 14 point guards ahead of him.

Already LOVE this kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              And still FVV looks to get better. 6.5 hours of ball today, and not happy about 14 point guards ahead of him.

Already LOVE this kid.
                              Is it possible someone outworks Graham?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                And still FVV looks to get better. 6.5 hours of ball today, and not happy about 14 point guards ahead of him.

Already LOVE this kid.
                                I'm not happy about that either. I'm also not happy about people questioning his quickness when that seems to be his strength. Let me see.. could FVV leave Nic Moore in the dust? Hmm.. Could he pick Chatman's pocket? And scare the sh*t out of him, from the quickness of it?

We will find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X