Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Another question @Mrclove4: Is Jaylin Marshall out for the year?

This is flat amazing:
    "No Knights starter was taller than 6-foot, while the Blue Devils had just one player under 6-4 in their starting five. Auburn, which was without injured 6-3 Jaylin Marshall, throughly outplayed last year's runner-up by outrebounding the Blue Devils 36-33, holding them to 1-for-10 shooting from beyond the arc and forcing 19 turnovers."
    Yes..@ShockTalk:.. JM is done for the year... Really nobody but people from Rockford gave Auburn a chance in this game. Auburn's speed a pressing got to this team. The thing with Auburn is FVV and company are so quick on the perimeter if your guards are not good they will kill you... But, the rematch friday will be tough P.E. is a very good team and can match Auburn's speed. They also have a point guard that will go head to head with FVV name keith carter he sign with st.Louis.. Should be a good game.
    Last edited by Mrclove4; March 14, 2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      But will they have better players than FVV?
      Auburn will be good for awhile...BUT!! There will not be another FVV around here for a long time!!

Comment

• Fred is simply the best player/team ever to come from Rockford. In 2 years Auburn will be a good team with 5 players on the floor at the same time. LoL. I truely believe that Fred will score more in college than he does in high school. There would be a lot more talent that Fred will be playing with. The players in D1 will be able to cut and get his passes that others drop or miss for Auburn. Fred is 1 or 2 levels above where everyone else he plays with. With more skilled players it will allow Fred to show case a game he cannot even show you now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PyroAL View Post
          Fred is simply the best player/team ever to come from Rockford. In 2 years Auburn will be a good team with 5 players on the floor at the same time. LoL. I truely believe that Fred will score more in college than he does in high school. There would be a lot more talent that Fred will be playing with. The players in D1 will be able to cut and get his passes that others drop or miss for Auburn. Fred is 1 or 2 levels above where everyone else he plays with. With more skilled players it will allow Fred to show case a game he cannot even show you now.
          At the next level FVV will be a pure point guard. FVV only scores now because he has to at WSU with all the great talent around him, I think he will be a playmaker high assists low turnovers and will give you 10-16pts and be a coach on the floor. He is not a scorer at heart, but he is a winner at heart...

Comment

• Kinda reminds you of the "Fred story" - the one where someone asked him to tell the story of how he scored all but 2 of his teams points. Fred answers back that his other team mates exagerate all the time - then he answers "He scored all the points"!

Comment

• Another great read on FVV and last nights big win....http://www.rrstar.com/carousel/x2998...r-rally?zc_p=0

Comment

• For the coming fours years its going to be VVSU!

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  I think Auburn lost to Porviso East in a tournament earlier this year; they are very good. It will take a great game to defeat East on Friday. GO AUBURN!!!
                  They matched up in the Proviso West tourney. Fred did not have a particularly good game and playing 1 on 5 got to him (imho). Fred had 10 and the game got away from Auburn in the 2nd half 75-56.

Keep in mind, East is #12 in the COUNTRY. Auburn has no starter over 6' with Marshall done for the year. That Auburn is even COMPETITIVE to this point, much less 32-2 and in the SEMI-FINALS in Illinois (unlike Kansas and it's 32 6A teams, we're talking about 412 4A schools) is a testament to how good Fred VanVleet really is...and that's pretty damned good.
                  Last edited by WuDrWu; March 14, 2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• East has a bunch of athletes like 6'6" 240 pound junior Rashad Williams who will probably play football at a Big10 school before it's all over next year.

If Fred can pull this off..........

Comment

• Why does Kansas split it up so much when a state like Illinois has a huge number?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Why does Kansas split it up so much when a state like Illinois has a huge number?
                        Probably has more to do with the size of the schools. What is the enrollment difference between the top and bottom schools in Illinois 4A?

Comment

• From ISHA.org it shows 1A is enrollment up to 274 with 203 schools. 2A is 275-669the with 202 schools. 3A is 670-1580 with 162 schools and 4A is 1581+ with 162 schools.

I think KS has somewhere around 112 1A schools and 64 in the 2-4A. Then 32 in 5-6A. And there aren't alot of schools in KS with 1500+ students.

My only question is do they count all 4 grades or just three for enrollment?

Comment

• Pretty sure KS is just three. Never completely understood not counting the freshman class. How many HS's don't have freshmen?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Pretty sure KS is just three. Never completely understood not counting the freshman class. How many HS's don't have freshmen?
                              None that I know of now. But they count the first three when determining football.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                                From ISHA.org it shows 1A is enrollment up to 274 with 203 schools. 2A is 275-669the with 202 schools. 3A is 670-1580 with 162 schools and 4A is 1581+ with 162 schools.

I think KS has somewhere around 112 1A schools and 64 in the 2-4A. Then 32 in 5-6A. And there aren't alot of schools in KS with 1500+ students.

My only question is do they count all 4 grades or just three for enrollment?
                                @rrshock:... They count all 4 grades. BTW... Illinois just went to the 4 class system about 6 or 7 years ago for basketball. Before that it was just 1A and 2A It was crazy hard to make a state run many great teams. Also, back then the winner of the chicago public league got a automatic bid to the final 8 in 2A....

Comment

Working...
                                X