No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G mentioned on the coach's show that Fred called him after the Bradley game. I'm paraphrasing but he basically said he saw the score and was glad he chose WSU. Said that F2V is extremely competitive.

Comment

• Fred had a busy week
      Friday 1/13, won 104-56, 27 points
      Saturday 1/14, won 76-60, 26 points
      Sunday, that's right, Sunday, won 64-55, 26 points
      Monday, game 1, won 67-58, 16 points
      Monday, game 2, that's right, game 2, won 76-41, 11 points

5 games in 4 days. That's a man's schedule right there.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Fred had a busy week
        Friday 1/13, won 104-56, 27 points
        Saturday 1/14, won 76-60, 26 points
        Sunday, that's right, Sunday, won 64-55, 26 points
        Monday, game 1, won 67-58, 16 points
        Monday, game 2, that's right, game 2, won 76-41, 11 points

5 games in 4 days. That's a man's schedule right there.
        I could do the math, and try to figure out his ppg average, but only one thing that grabs my attention long enough to let it sink in. 5-0. Winning.

Comment

Just in case you were still wondering or hadn't gotten past the impressive 5-0 record.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Fred's team won 78-59 tonight after getting snowed out last night. Fred with 16 points including 4 three pointers.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Fred scored 16 points in their last win either Friday or Saturday

Comment

• FVV

I was at FVV game last night. it was a packed house -sell out!!.. FVV team (auburn) vs. Boylan. This is Auburn's main rival in the area. Fred was great as usual, running the offense and controlling the floor. WSU fan's keep in mind this... Fred only scores when he has too, he could put up 30pts a night around here if he wants to. Fred makes his teammates so much better, this is a 500 team at best with out him... He is a true point, 100% about winning!

Comment

• Looking forward to FVV playing in front of 10,000+ screaming fans guiding "his team" to victory.

Comment

• Thanks for the update @Mrclove4:.

I have watched a lot of film on Mr. VanVleet. One thing I wonder about is his aggressiveness to take the ball to the basket. He is great at the dribble drive-kick, but from the film I have seen he tends to want to pass in the lane vs. finish. I know he has shown flashes at time that he is ABLE to finish when he wants to. Do you think he will be able to at the next level?

Comment

• Yes... I thank fvv will be able to finish at the next level. I believe fvv is very strong for he's size, now that being said he will need to get stronger. FVV is not a high flyer who can jump out the gym. But, he makes up for it with superior ball handling, great body control and court savy.. I compare him to a scottie reynolds from villanova...

Comment

• This young man will get his fair share of Shocker playing time, even as a Frosh. Maybe he will even be rated a 4 star this Season before it is over? If he has had such solid showings versus some of the top point guards around, and one of the very best players in the populated State of Illinois, then why not?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Because neither of the major recruiting services has seen him play.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            This young man will get his fair share of Shocker playing time, even as a Frosh. Maybe he will even be rated a 4 star this Season before it is over? If he has had such solid showings versus some of the top point guards around, and one of the very best players in the populated State of Illinois, then why not?
                            I suspect he'll be getting a lot of time by February.. if not sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              I suspect he'll be getting a lot of time by February.. if not sooner.
                              Sounds practical because our System takes a while to learn and run from the point. Last Season, Rags was finally our maint point guard, later in the Season.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Updated Ratings

I've noticed that when you check out the Shockers page on ESPN, it seems Fred's rating has gone up. Last I remember, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, his rating was at 89 matching Mr. Hawkins. Now our page states Fred is rated at 92, but when you click on Fred's name, he scores out 91. Just a slight bummer at first to me, but then I checked the 2012 ESPNU Top 50 Point Guards list and Fred is ranked the 17th best point guard in the nation, right behind the first 4 star on the list, Maurice Watson at a rating of 92.

Quick link to Shocker home page

Comment

Working...
                                X