No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm predicting 3 productive years out of Van Vleet.

Those will be his So, Jr, and Sr years. With Armstead learning from Ragland this year, Van Vleet will have a year to learn and adjust to D1 ball before he is relied on for productive minutes.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• with Marshall's 5 on 5 off style. He will get plently of productive minutes freshman year

Comment

• So will DWill play the 2 guard or will MA?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
          with Marshall's 5 on 5 off style. He will get plently of productive minutes freshman year
          He could. But that may also depend on Cotton and DWill who are also capable of playing the point. They're both capable of playing at the 2 as well. But then again, so is Ron Baker on both accounts and then there's Wessel and Ede who could both play the 2 or 3. If we land Early, there's another body at the 3 possibly pushing Ede and/or Wessel to some time at the 2 which could push some time for Baker/DWill/Cotton to the 1.

The good news is we have guard depth. Much of it will be inexperienced but it's there.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Reloading is much better than rebuilding.

Comment

• I imagine that the way the PG position will work for the next few years would be like this:

2011-12: Ragland - DWill back up
              2012-13: Armstead - Dwill back up - FVV mop up
              2013-14: FVV - Mix of Cotton/Wessel back up

I don't see how FVV gets substantial minutes his Freshman year. Armstead is a great point guard, and DWill is making great strides in his game right now. Just feel sorry for the guy if his only role will be back up, if Armstead beats him out his Sr. year, which I think will happen, Armstead is just too well rounded. The only thing DWill has over Armstead is a shot, but look for them to really work on Armstead's shot this season, and next offseason.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                I imagine that the way the PG position will work for the next few years would be like this:

2012-13: Armstrong - Dwill back up - FVV mop up

I don't see how FVV gets substantial minutes his Freshman year. Armstrong is a great point guard, and DWill is making great strides in his game right now. Just feel sorry for the guy if his only role will be back up, if Armstrong beats him out his Sr. year, which I think will happen, Armstrong is just too well rounded. The only thing DWill has over Armstrong is a shot, but look for them to really work on Armstrong's shot this season, and next offseason.
                I think you mean Armstead. But I think in 2012-13, DWill starts at SG and FVV is the backup PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Originally posted by _kai_
                  I imagine that the way the PG position will work for the next few years would be like this:

2012-13: Armstrong - Dwill back up - FVV mop up

I don't see how FVV gets substantial minutes his Freshman year. Armstrong is a great point guard, and DWill is making great strides in his game right now. Just feel sorry for the guy if his only role will be back up, if Armstrong beats him out his Sr. year, which I think will happen, Armstrong is just too well rounded. The only thing DWill has over Armstrong is a shot, but look for them to really work on Armstrong's shot this season, and next offseason.
                  I think you mean Armstead. But I think in 2012-13, DWill starts at SG and FVV is the backup PG.
                  You don't realize how many times you use a word until you spell it wrong, then go back and change 10 million of them. What a brain fart.

And that could work too if DWill goes to the 2. Just wonder exactly all this young talent ends up, Baker, and Cotton, and then what if we pick up Hield? Hard to talk what ifs right now, when we don't even know where the guys we know we have will go, but its just a crazy depth chart right now. We're going to be insanely deep in 3 years.

Comment

• highly doubt we pick up Hield. I would love to get him but he blew up this summer

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
                      highly doubt we pick up Hield. I would love to get him but he blew up this summer
                      I think we have a better chance of getting Hield than we do of getting Ellis. We need a great shooting guard, he could get solid playing time here, and I'm not sure how attached he is with the community, but having some decently solid roots in town since he plays at Sunrise could help our recruitment of him.

I think 2012 class with FVV in it, and 1 or 2 high profile recruits, could be the best class we've recruited in YEARS. Heres to crossing my fingers on get 2 of the 3 out of Thurman, Ellis, and Hield.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                        Originally posted by vtshocker
                        highly doubt we pick up Hield. I would love to get him but he blew up this summer
                        I think we have a better chance of getting Hield than we do of getting Ellis. We need a great shooting guard, he could get solid playing time here, and I'm not sure how attached he is with the community, but having some decently solid roots in town since he plays at Sunrise could help our recruitment of him.

I think 2012 class with FVV in it, and 1 or 2 high profile recruits, could be the best class we've recruited in YEARS. Heres to crossing my fingers on get 2 of the 3 out of Thurman, Ellis, and Hield.
                        I'm going to throw in Early as one that would make the class a great get. My current order is Ellis, Hield, Early and Thurman. I think we will be adding a couple. There is great to good competition for all for them. None will be easy to get but we stand good to fair chance with all. Thurman, saying we are among the top two would be the safest bet. His only other apparently solid offer to probably be concerned with is Iowa. There is another one or two, like Hawkins that would be equally as nice but I don't like the chances.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• You would like to 2 out of 3. We only have one scholorship. Whom will you drop

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock
                            You would like to 2 out of 3. We only have one scholorship. Whom will you drop
                            I don't think any of us know if we will have one or two. It depends on the player without this year (not Baker) receiving one next year.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Plus the talk about Armstead being a paying player his entire time here is intriguing, with that opening up 2 more scholarships.

Also, it's not far fetched to see 1 or two transfer out after this year. Who? I really have no idea, but looking back on the summer that Hamilton and Manigault signed, I would not have guessed both of them leaving as a possibility.

Comment

• Someone leaves virtually every season. Count on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X