CU 2012 Commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CU 2012 Commitment

Crete-Monee junior point guard Michael Orris committed to Creighton on Sunday.

Illinois high schooler picks CU over offer from Illinois.

PG also had interest from Butler and Minnesota.

Along with Chatman, sCUm preparing for Young's departure after next year.

Hmmm...

If he matches Omaha's passion for Creighton basketball (see the link), that's not great news for the Jays.

Comment

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
      If he matches Omaha's passion for Creighton basketball (see the link), that's not great news for the Jays.
      In other words: he will show up to the games, but won't make much noise on the court.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        In other words: he will show up to the games, but won't make much noise on the court.
        Is beer included in the scholarship, or does he have to pay his own way?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
          Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Is beer included in the scholarship, or does he have to pay his own way?
          Will he play for the University of Nebraska during football season?
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I do like the humor everyone has posted to this topic, however, I did have a couple of reasons for posting this topic that are perhaps pertinent to Shocker basketball.

Have no idea whether Orris or Chatman will ever be worth two hoots, however, there has been some points brought up in other threads regarding WSU "winning" recruiting battles and the importance of a quality PG to a program, especially, signing quality freshman PGs.

CU is in the same position that we are in having our starting PG being a senior. However, while we have DWill in the wings and Cotton coming in, both may be more combo type guards with a 2 maybe being a stronger position. The Jays have now lined up 3 players to their roster that are primarily PGs first --- Manigat is the heir apparent to Young with Chatman behind him and, now, Orris another year back.

How much WSU actually wanted Chatman, we can only speculate, but CU got him, WSU did not. With Orris, you have a PG that had an offer from Illinois and was being considered by Butler and Minnesota. While I'm very pleased with the players we have coming in, at least on paper at the PG position, CU appears to really be getting the job done.

Comments?

Comment

Greg McDermott is getting it done at Creighton (at least on paper). I suspect CU to have another Dana Altman like run soon, and that is good for the Valley, and hopefully good for WSU. I expect that WSU and CU to battle it out for Valley titles for as long as Gregg and Greg stay in place, and I hope to see Bradley make strides with their new coach.

With us, CU, and BU being strong schools year after year, there is no reason that the Valley can't become a traditional basketball powerhouse similar to C-USA in the 90's. Let's hope!
              Livin the dream

Comment

The Shockers were also recruiting Orris.

In the fast lane

Comment

Orris opens his recruitment back up.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    He must have talked to his friends. Friends don't let friends go to Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      He must have talked to his friends. Friends don't let friends go to Creighton.
                      :good:
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

How funny would it be if he now chose WSU LOL. CU fans would go nuts.

I have no idea if there is still any interest from either side, but it would still be kinda funny.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

From the link above:

"I didn't expect the process to go this quickly, but it just hit me when I was on my visit that this was the place," said Orris. "I just felt it. You can't really explain the feeling I had while I was on my visit."
                          I can explain it. It was gas. Or diarrhea. I can't blame the kid for the confusion.

Comment

We do now have a stronger presence in Illinois....
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Orris, a lower ranked pg than FVV from Illinois, verbals to Illinois.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X