No announcement yet.

Gavin Thurman - Class of 2012 - Wichita Southeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most kids dont play much defense in high school. Marshall will make him defend and rebound or he wont get minutes

Comment

• How many hs players don't know how to work (rebound/defense) because they are so much better? Antoine Carr did the same thing. No slam there. They'll learn but he can sure shoot it.

Comment

• Gavin has canceled his trip to Iowa. Reason given was school just starting and that's important to him. He might visit them in November. He might make the planned visit next week to Colorado State. In September he is planning to visit WSU and Missouri State.

He's considering waiting until the late signing period.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
          i dont understand why so many ppl bash this kid on here. He would be an amazing get. He is a 3 star recruit. He has a ton of talent
          Rival's three star, Scout 2 star.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• I believe I haven't mentioned this before, but since it's out on the Iowa board, I will now. There has been concern about Gavin being able to qualify.

From the Scout's Iowa board:

Posted: Yesterday 9:46 PM

Re: Gavin Thurman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thurman's grades are awful. There is no way he's going to make it into Iowa.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
              I believe I haven't mentioned this before, but since it's out on the Iowa board, I will now. There has been concern about Gavin being able to qualify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That will be too bad if he doesn't qualify.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• why do I have a feeling he will end up at MSU and be another Johnny Murdock?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                  Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  I believe I haven't mentioned this before, but since it's out on the Iowa board, I will now. There has been concern about Gavin being able to qualify.

Maybe he can go to Sunrise for a year and get his grades in order...
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox

Creighton initially was recruiting Thurman, but stopped some time ago over concerns that he wouldn't qualify and/or meet CU's admission requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by wufan
                      Originally posted by tropicalshox

Maybe he can go to Sunrise for a year and get his grades in order...
                      Then he can play pick-up ball at WSU. ;-)
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Maybe his move to Heights was to help him with grades as much as it was to play on a better team.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                          why do I have a feeling he will end up at MSU and be another Johnny Murdock?
                          2 years at Hutch JuCo. With Steve Eck in charge over there, he'd be more likely to end up at MSU than WSU.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                            why do I have a feeling he will end up at MSU and be another Johnny Murdock?
                            Oh Lord! Don't bring up that regretable history.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Nope

Don't worry, Ricky. The problem with Murdock was that Cohen didn't seriously recruit him. Marshall won't make that mistake.

Comment

• I'm not concerned that we're not recruiting him, I'm just not sure how high of a priority he is considering our scholarship situation. I can see him going to a place like MSU though and lighting us up for the next 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X