Gavin Thurman - Class of 2012 - Wichita Southeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin Thurman - Class of 2012 - Wichita Southeast

As many of you know, Gavin is a 6-8, 200 lb forward at Wichita Southeast. As a junior, Thurman averaged 18.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 2.8 apg. His best game of the year was against Derby on 2/12 where he dropped 33 points, grabbed eight rebounds and shared the ball for five assists.

Why???

We already have a thread for Gavin and you started it.

Comment

http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=12947???

Comment

Is this the Gavin Thurman that doesn't like Wichita State or the one that wears our t shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
          Is this the Gavin Thurman that doesn't like Wichita State or the one that wears our t shirts?
          Ask the writer of this thread, I believe he knows.

Comment

Gavin is a 6-8 combo forward with very good offensive skills. He is unfortunately overshadowed by Ellis and Frankamp as I believe he is a Taj Grey type of talent.

Bottom line is that Gavin is a talent and he is going to have an opportunity to play BCS ball if he wants to. I HOPE he wants to stay home and help to push WSU to the next level.

I see this like the movie Blue Chips when coach is in the war room deciding which HS seniors they wanted. Someone says forget everyone else, you want Hardaway, Shaq, and that white kid that got a tractor. Well we can forget everyone else too. We want Ellis, Thurman, and Frankamp!!! Those three are the ones that can REALLY elevate WSU into a major player!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
              Gavin is a 6-8 combo forward with very good offensive skills. He is unfortunately overshadowed by Ellis and Frankamp as I believe he is a Taj Grey type of talent.

Bottom line is that Gavin is a talent and he is going to have an opportunity to play BCS ball if he wants to. I HOPE he wants to stay home and help to push WSU to the next level.

I see this like the movie Blue Chips when coach is in the war room deciding which HS seniors they wanted. Someone says forget everyone else, you want Hardaway, Shaq, and that white kid that got a tractor. Well we can forget everyone else too. We want Ellis, Thurman, and Frankamp!!! Those three are the ones that can REALLY elevate WSU into a major player!
              Please place this post in the proper, original thread for Gavin. Geezzz!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk

Please place this post in the proper, original thread for Gavin. Geezzz!
                I read thru it. It went way off topic for a while and was off the front page so I thought I'd throw it in here. I hope you can live with my unfortunate fauz pas
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                  Why???

We already have a thread for Gavin and you started it.
                  Holy Lord, is your family going to die if we have a repeat thread? Lighten up, Francis.

Since it seems to be the end of the world and you're just that important, I'll explain myself to you. I was an immature sophomore when I started the old thread and I didn't ask Gavin's permission to post the info that I did. I shouldn't have done that. I figured the best way to get rid of that thread was to make a new one. I did it out of respect for Gavin as a person.

Is that enough reason for you? Get your panties out of a wad?

Comment

If you'll read closely, I never said Gavin didn't like Wichita State. I know he does, in fact, like WSU. He wants them to win. What I said is that his mannerisms seem to indicate that WSU probably isn't in his top three. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Comment

Here's an instance that comes to mind that I can piggy-back onto my last comment. My freshman year I wrote an article about the tradition of March Madness (lame story, I know, but I digress) and I interviewed Jordan Cyphers, a SE player who WSU was interested in. I asked him what his favorite March Madness moment of all time was, and he said, "When Wichita State went to the Sweet Sixteen, that's my team." That year, Jordan committed to Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
                        Here's an instance that comes to mind that I can piggy-back onto my last comment. My freshman year I wrote an article about the tradition of March Madness (lame story, I know, but I digress) and I interviewed Jordan Cyphers, a SE player who WSU was interested in. I asked him what his favorite March Madness moment of all time was, and he said, "When Wichita State went to the Sweet Sixteen, that's my team." That year, Jordan committed to Utah.
                        just bc a kids favorite team is wsu doesnt mean we are as interested in him. we might have wanted cyphers but couldnt tell him the things he wanted to hear to committ to us.

Comment

I don't think we recruited him very hard. He was a boarderline guy. Would have been nice to add a Wichita kid, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I don't think we recruited him very hard. He was a boarderline guy. Would have been nice to add a Wichita kid, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.
                            exactly. we told him he would be a role guy. probably not what he wanted to hear

Comment

We did in fact recruit Cyphers pretty hard. We lost him to Utah where things didn't work out as well as he'd hoped.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X