Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep...my mistake

Comment

• "The plan was to sign in November, but if I'm still not sure, I'm not going to sign," the Wichita native said. "If I'm feeling in November like I'm feeling now, I'll wait to the late signing period (In April of '12). There's a chance.

"It's a tough decision. I'll sign in November if my mind really is made up. If it's a place I want to go, I'll sign. If I am how I am now, then I'll just wait until April"

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

The last two visits will indeed be to Nebraska and Oklahoma State according to the article. Oklahoma State has been involved just the last few weeks. Nebraska has been watching Gavin for a couple of summers and a relationship between Doc Sadler and Gavin has been formed. Oklahoma State and Nebraska have not yet offered.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• well if he's still considering teams who haven't given him an offer yet, he is definitely considering teams who are putting him on the second tier and waiting for others to turn them down. This doesn't seem positive for Gavin and WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          Very true. A rough look at 12-13 would be

PG - Armstead (SR)/DWill (SR)/Cotton (FR/SO)/FVV (FR)/Baker (FR)
          SG - DWill (SR)/Wessel (SO/FR)/Ede (SO)/Baker (FR)/Cotton (FR/SO)
          SF - Ede (SO)/Wessel (FR/SO)/Anacreon (SR)
          PG - Hall (SR)/White (FR/SO)/Anacreon (SR)
          C - Ehimen (SR)/Hall (SR)/Henry (FR/RS)

That does leave us with 1 or 2 'ships depending on the Armstead thing. This isn't necessarilly a depth chart but shows the depth we have at each position. However the following year a lot of PT opens up with the losses of Armstead, DWill, Anacreon, Hall and Ehimen. Along with 4 or 5 'ships.

You're then looking at

PG - Cotton (SO/JR)/FVV (SO)/Baker (SO)
          SG - Wessel (SO/JR)/Cotton (SO/JR)/Baker (SO)/Ede (JR)
          SF - Ede (JR)/Wessel (SO/JR)
          PF - White (SO/JR)
          C - Henry (FR/SO)

In that scenario, I could see Gavin getting plenty of PT his 2nd year here as a SF and maybe some at PF. The '13 recruiting class will be very important to us as we're going to need post depth. I could see a JUCO post or two in that class. Especially at Center.
          Why, in your 2nd list for 13-14, would you say he'll see plenty of time at the SF. I don't think Ede and Wessel will just roll over for Gavin at that position, since at the SG they'll have to compete against Baker / Cotton as well. They will also have more experience on their side. Just sayin'.

Gavin might get some extra time by being a combo forward and playing just as much at PF as SF.

Comment

• A lot depends on who plays where the most. I was thinking Cotton plays mostly PG with Baker and Wessel playing a lot of SG which would leave Ede and Thurman at SF. Also, we currently only have one PF that will be here which opens up a lot of PT there as well. Some holes will definitely be filled with whoever we sign the next couple years, but the opportunity is there.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I imagine we sign a PF-SF in the fall.

Comment

• I have a feeling that Marshall might be moving towards a 4 out 1 in lineup. It seems like we are recruitng a lot of tall and long SF and not many true PFs

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
                  I have a feeling that Marshall might be moving towards a 4 out 1 in lineup. It seems like we are recruitng a lot of tall and long SF and not many true PFs
                  I'm not sure about that. We have Stutz, EO, and Henry (all in the 7 foot range) as true centers. Hall is definately an inside player. White and Anacreon are inside out PFs. Ede is the only long player with the ability to play primarily on the perimeter. Gavin and Perry, I would say, are also inside out PFs with the ability to play some SF, but we haven't signed either.

In my opinion, we have more true inside players than we've had in ages. I'd say HCGM is signing higher caliber athletes, in that we are getting 6-7 + guys that can do what our 6-3 wings used to do.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I was referring to the future not this year but ellis and thurman want to play SF and so does Anacreon

Comment

• They're all going to play some PF no matter what. Thurman might get away with playing more SF based on his size and from what I've heard from others. I know little about Anacreon but am pretty sure he was brought in to mainly play PF.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• on twitter he claims that he is a 6'7 wing but im sure Marshall will play him down low

Comment

• I think it depends on who else is here. I've been told he's a legitimate wing prospect. More so than Ellis.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I think it depends on who else is here. I've been told he's a legitimate wing prospect. More so than Ellis.
                            Ellis will be our PF. He's great with quick moves inside on slower PFs. Thurman our SF because of his jump shot.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• :yes:

Comment

• I seem to remember that a recruit said in a report that WSU was a school he was interested in because they ran a 4-1 and that fit his perimeter and post up skills. If you noticed, this year, we were running a lot of sets, etc. where post players were facing the basket from 12-15 feet and sometimes were setting up behind the three point line waiting for a pass from a penetrating player. Marshall likes players who are versatile 4's and 5's are interchangable. Therefore, if Perry and Gavin were in the game at the same time, the plays would be run to take advantage of the way that they were being defensed. Ellis can hit the three and would step outside at times on the perimeter and Thurman would post up a smaller player. How often did you see Stutz shoot the 3. And Marshall liked to push the ball this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X