• Show
Clear All

wow he's a youngin' for his class! Happy birthday Gavin
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Just offered by Santa Clara.
      In the fast lane

Comment

You heard it first on Shockernet by a few minutes.

KCPREPHOOPSKC High School Hoops

Gavin Thurman (2012) Wichita Heights offered by Santa Clara
        In the fast lane

Comment

santa who? ooooh, santa claus!

Comment

Any word on how hes doing in AAU right now?

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker
              Any word on how hes doing in AAU right now?
              The one report I received on a game of his was he "did OK."

Looks like a new offer for Gavin from Western Kentucky:

joannachadwickJoanna Chadwick

Heights senior Gavin Thurman has picked up basketball offers from Santa Clara and Western Kentucky
              In the fast lane

Comment

Someone told me he has verbaled to WSU...anyone heard that?

Comment

Not here.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I heard that rumor as well, but have nothing to substantiate it. It could be just wishful thinking, or carry some weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                      I heard that rumor as well, but have nothing to substantiate it. It could be just wishful thinking, or carry some weight.
                      So you're saying it could be true, yet it could be false? :D
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well, Gavin was hard pressed to verbal to WSU a few weeks ago while on a visit. He wanted to wait until after the July evaluation to see who else became interested. He has had a mediocre July and has attracted no new BCS offers and it is possible that some have even backed off. That type of thing can really make a kid realize what he has waiting for him in WSU, so I could definately see that happening.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be hard to start a rumor like that.

Hopefully he ends up at WSU in 2012, whether he has veraballed already or is still deciding.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Given Trop and wufan's posts, anyone concerned about his July performance among his peers compared to others at his position that we may have a decent shot at getting (or not, if he has given a verbal)?

I think Gavin would be a good get, particularly being a local product, so don't take what I'm about to say wrong. Was his performance (or actual talent) an indicator that he is concidered by others as an "at our level" player?

Comment

Checking with a correspondent, he also heard it. The rumor is strong, but still just a rumor.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                              Given Trop and wufan's posts, anyone concerned about his July performance among his peers compared to others at his position that we may have a decent shot at getting (or not, if he has given a verbal)?

I think Gavin would be a good get, particularly being a local product, so don't take what I'm about to say wrong. Was his performance (or actual talent) an indicator that he is concidered by others as an "at our level" player?
                              Well, I know as much about his AAU performance as I do about his college selection...just rumors. I think Gavin played "Okay" this July and did not show huge strides in his game that some expected based on his talent. If you look at who he's playing with, however; Heild, Ellis, and a pretty good PG, he just happened to be the "loser" stat-wise/attention-wise.

IMO, he's a talented Wichita kid that can provide help at a position of need. There is NO WAY we change our mind based on his July performance. If he wants to be a Shocker, he's a Shocker.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                Checking with a correspondent, he also heard it. The rumor is strong, but still just a rumor.
                                Bring us some good news!!!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X