No announcement yet.

Gavin Thurman - Class of 2012 - Wichita Southeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, in the Coach Gross thread, somebody said that Coach Auer had no experience recruiting...
    “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsnut
      Gee, in the Coach Gross thread, somebody said that Coach Auer had no experience recruiting...
      State championship two years running > 13-9 and mediocre. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

Comment

Auer recruited for a long time in baseball.
        Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
          Originally posted by hoopsnut
          State championship two years running > 13-9 and mediocre. Pretty easy to figure that one out.
          Three years.

Comment

4/12/2011

The news of the coaching staff struck differently with Gavin Thurman of Wichita, Kansas. The 6 foot 7 forward averaged 24 points and 8 rebounds on the year and was being monitored by the former Sooner coaching staff, but didn’t receive an official offer. However, when the Kruger regime came in to Norman, Thurman was a very excited about the news.

The combo forward was very familiar with members of the new Sooner coaching staff. “I was primarily recruited by coach Lew Hill and the coaching staff sent me two to three letters weekly.”

The Wichita Southeast standout pondered setting up an unofficial visit to UNLV this past year, but was unable to do it do to his schedule. Right now Thurman has an offer from Big 12 rival Iowa St but is also looking to expand his recruiting this summer.

“I have expanded my game to the perimeter and am looking to showcase my improved skills.”

Despite a busy schedule with KC Pump and Run this summer, Thurman is looking to get in touch with the Kruger staff.

“I’ll probably wait for the coaches to get settled in and contact them for an unofficial visit.”

The online home for Oklahoma Basketball Fans
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

According to Chris Elliott's article, his parents have moved back into the district. This happens all the time in the City League but if Connor Frankcamp shows up in Heights next fall, I think Marshall might have a shot at filling one of his assistant openings. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
                4/21/2011

OU has signed 6'-9" Wyoming transfer Amath M'Baye. With him having to sit a year, that may not sit well with Perry.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...042111aaa.html
                DaShox had this post under Perry Ellis. Wouldn't M'Baye's arrival potentially slow Thurman's PT for a couple of years?

Comment

I felt Thurman was the most skilled player in attendance at the camp today.

Comment

I continue to be hopeful that he has more than a passing interest in WSU. I think he could be an exceptional Valley forward.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

WSU has offered Thurman.

http://twitter.com/#!/joannachadwick/status/82862563905380352

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        WSU has offered Thurman.

http://twitter.com/#!/joannachadwick/status/82862563905380352
                        That's great news! Hopefully we get serios consideration as I believe he can play either forward spot offensively.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

With Thurman now playing at Heights alongside Ellis I would love for them to pull a DWade and Lebron and take their talents to the roundhouse.

I think we are the only school recruiting both...a guy can dream right?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                            With Thurman now playing at Heights alongside Ellis I would love for them to pull a DWade and Lebron and take their talents to the roundhouse.

I think we are the only school recruiting both...a guy can dream right?
                            Oklahoma is recruiting both players. The coaching change was bad for OU when trying to land Perry, but Gavin was excited as he was already being recruited by Krueger prior to his arrival in Soonerland.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Just offered by Nevada (via Joanna Chadwick via Twitter)

Comment

From today's Rival's Weekly Whispers article:

"SHOCKER NEWS

Three-star four man Gavin Thurman of Wichita (Kan.) Heights will take a visit to Wichita State on Friday. The Shockers are pushing hard for a commitment and doing everything they can to get it before he hits the road with KC Pump 'N Run in July. Creighton and Missouri State have also offered the 6-foot-7 forward.

The Shockers also had one of their top targets in town over the weekend when Kansas City (Kan.) Sumner point guard Benny Parker visited. "

PS. It was nice seeing our recruiting making this article.

I'll add that I've recently heard he wants to wait until at least after the July evaluation periods to make a decision. Hopefully the staff will change his mind.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X