No announcement yet.

Brandon Romain- 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While there's a chance he ends up here, he wouldn't be the first to claim an offer when there really isn't one.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      While there's a chance he ends up here, he wouldn't be the first to claim an offer when there really isn't one.

I think we have a winner! :)

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
        Originally posted by wu_shizzle

I think we have a winner! :)
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It certainly seems that we are looking at a juco wing. There are 3 or 4 new names on this front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
            Transferred because of "grade" problems. Yeah, just what we need. Another player to get benched because of classroom issues. And just why do we want him?
            Did you happen to see all the basketball players on the AD Honor Roll? Marshall recruits players with good character and he expects them to do well in the classroom. Having one player with grade issues (that were corrected in our case) isn't uncommon. It is certainly not a trend like you are implying.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
              Transferred because of "grade" problems. Yeah, just what we need. Another player to get benched because of classroom issues. And just why do we want him?
              Did you happen to see all the basketball players on the AD Honor Roll? Marshall recruits players with good character and he expects them to do well in the classroom. Having one player with grade issues (that were corrected in our case) isn't uncommon. It is certainly not a trend like you are implying.
              I am implying nothing. I said what I said. Isn't Hamilton the one with the academic issues -- how many games has he played in -- how many games has he warmed his backside on the bench -- and how many games was he not even on the bench? A miss now and then is expected in recruiting but when it is reported that a player has had "grade" issues in the past, is that something to be ignored?

Romain couldn't make a D-1 school out of high school because of grades; then after a good freshman year at a D-2 school, he transferred to a D-1 school but only lasted one semester and transferred to a community college because of grades. So you wave your magic wand over the kid and he suddenly becomes D-1 material again? The kid has problems with academics. If that is something Coach wants to take on, then that is his decision. All I asked is why would we want to. I don't see the upside.

Comment

We're sure in good company on his recruiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                  We're sure in good company on his recruiting list.
                  I had to go back and look at the list again. My sarcasm meter is a bit off today I guess. Use more emotions please.

Comment

Landry or Brown both sound better to me, but sometimes you hafta take who you can sign at this level...........

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      Landry or Brown both sound better to me, but sometimes you hafta take who you can sign at this level...........
                      There's that "at this level" again. I truly hope this was said tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

I am implying nothing. I said what I said. Isn't Hamilton the one with the academic issues -- how many games has he played in -- how many games has he warmed his backside on the bench -- and how many games was he not even on the bench? A miss now and then is expected in recruiting but when it is reported that a player has had "grade" issues in the past, is that something to be ignored?

Romain couldn't make a D-1 school out of high school because of grades; then after a good freshman year at a D-2 school, he transferred to a D-1 school but only lasted one semester and transferred to a community college because of grades. So you wave your magic wand over the kid and he suddenly becomes D-1 material again? The kid has problems with academics. If that is something Coach wants to take on, then that is his decision. All I asked is why would we want to. I don't see the upside.
                        I was talking about Demetric as the player with grade problems. He only missed a few games; wasn't a big deal. Jerome, on the other hand, was suspended indefinitely because he was unhappy and got into an argument with Marshall. I don't think it had anything to do with grades.

Regarding Romain, I am not sure I see a lot of upside on him either. I would rather have another front line player, if anything.

Comment

I was talking about Demetric as the player with grade problems. He only missed a few games; wasn't a big deal. Jerome, on the other hand, was suspended indefinitely because he was unhappy and got into an argument with Marshall. I don't think it had anything to do with grades.

Regarding Romain, I am not sure I see a lot of upside on him either. I would rather have another front line player, if anything.
                          Well then -- you obviously know more than I do (which most posters on here do). I didn't hear anything about an argument with Marshall but if he was unhappy it wouldn't surprise me. However, as to the academics question, all I was going on was what was reported here on SN. None of that matters however on this thread and I still don't see the upside to his kid. If the coaching staff is interested in him, I must be missing something.

Comment

The vast majority of juco kids have some sort of academic issues. Yeah, Hamilton had a flare up, odds of him returning are sliiiiiiiiimmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                            X