MVC Indoor Championships - Feb 27-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Indoor Championships - Feb 27-28

Pre-meet poll has come out ... http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticl...CLID=204894162

SIU picked to win, then Indiana St, UNI, WSU, Illinois St, and Drake.

Although the Shockers are picked 4th, they were only 2 pts from 2nd so this shows how close this meet will be. I also don't think SIU is a sure team to win either. UNI has won the last 10 in a row indoor. WSU has never won an indoor title but this might be their best chance in a long time. I'm sure the Shockers will lean heavily on Chris Dickman but who knows what all events he will do besides the heptathlon - such a great all-around athlete! After him the Shockers have a bunch of quality athletes in almost every event and it will take a total team effort to win this meet.

Here is a link to the championship page ... http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/c-...mvc-champ.html

It looks like there will be a live webcast of the meet as well. Go Shockers!!!

Looks like the Shocks are 1-2-3-5-9-12 after Day 1 in the Heptathlon:

1. Krzysztof Slupkowski - 3,177

2. Justin Taylor - 3,047

3. Chris Dickman - 3,046

5. Jordan Zerr - 2,822

9. Devin Dick - 2,664

12. Alex Freshour - 2,326

Comment

Both the men and women sit in 2nd with a couple of events yet to be scored tonight.

I don't know where we expected to be at this point....I have to think the men are fairly happy with their placement just 2 points out of 1st and a couple of great set ups for tomorrow.....The Shockers put 5 in the finals of the 60 hurdles that should score a bunch of points (I think that's at least 15 points by default if they just start) and as '72 mentioned, a good chance to get 4 high placings in the hept.

Comment

The Shockers really had a great day on the men's side. It appears it will be a 3-way battle for the championship with UNI, SIU, and WSU. Indiana St kind of struggled today and on paper look like the 4th place team.

WSU has NEVER won the MVC Men's Indoor Championship. They have a great shot at it tomorrow! 2 in the 200m final, 4 in the 400, 5 in the 60 hurdles, 1 in the 800, lots of triple jump, high jump and heptathlon points coming too!

Let's go Shocks!!!

Comment

So I am watching the MVC on line and at the same time I've become of the largest boosters in the history of Northern Iowa (by donating the $7.95 to watch the Indoor T&F meet).

Anyway, there is no commentary except some background chatter between 2 dweezles obviously making a play for each other.

Is there a start list I could get my hands on to tell who is who by number?

Comment

I'm guessing the UNI vaulter that is clearing the bar by about 6 feet is Gooris, their next great multi.

Comment

Good to see the WSU T&F flag well displayed right in the middle of the screen for the entire pole vault competition.

If you didn't know better, you might think the Shockers are hosting.

Of course, the fact that it's being hosted by a DIII school is a dead giveaway that it is in fact not in Wichita.

Comment

Damnit, I hate not having useful information.....Some Shocker just had a huge vault but couldn't get his hand out of the way....cleared the bar by several inches....that was a shame.

Comment

Things tightened up after the 60 hurdles results. Chris Dickman won and extended his lead to about 140 points over Gooris for UNI. 3 other Shockers in the mix. UNI is GREAT in the vault though.

Standings to come as soon as I see results.

Comment

Shocker's multi men GETTING IT DONE!

4 straight WSU men over the current height, a height that I am speculating is around 22'........ ;-)

UNI has had 2 misses and ISUB with 2 misses at this height, so far. Like I said, no commentary available, so this all might be for naught, but it's fun at least to me.

Comment

Thanks for the PBP Doc.

I feel like a multi competitor myself today. We have Shocker softball tied at 2-2 after 10 innings against UTA. The score was 1-1 at the end of 7. The tiebreaker rule has been used in the 8th, 9th and 10th with each team scoring in the 10th.

We have Shocker Track & Field in full swing.

We have Shocker women's basketball at 2:00 (Senior Day). I wouild go but I picked up a little bug that hit me yesterday evening.

We have Shocker baseball vs South Alabama currently leading 3-1.

Not to mention USA - Canada gold medal hockey game at 2:00.

Go Shocks! Go USA!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        I feel like a multi competitor myself today.

I wouild go but I picked up a little bug that hit me yesterday evening.
                        I hear you there....like so many I know, the bug has hit me. I have no voice. Gotta get healthy in 3 days.

Results are slow, but I have to think WSU improved in the vault which is saying something as UNI has some great vaulters. The last event is the 1k which I know we are bad at...it will interesting to see how the guys hang on.

Mens high jump, womens weight throw and triple jump are all under way. No way without a scorecard and help I can keep track but with the mile upcoming, that will be easier to follow. Shocker women need to score big in that race at the bottom of the hour.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Coach Bolt STOKED with the finish of somebody in the 1k hept race. I think our guys did well....looked like they finished 2-3-5.

Comment

Men go 4-5-6-7 and sit in 3rd, 8 points back after 7 events scored.

Waiting on the Hept standings which should put the Shocks in 1st, for at least a little while.

Comment

Congrats to Chris Dickman for winning the Heptathlon and the Shocks go 1-2-4-5-8 and now lead by 3 in the team standings through 8 events scored.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X