WSU football documentary on KPTS, Oct 8 @ 8pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU football documentary on KPTS, Oct 8 @ 8pm

The memory of the players, fans, coaches who perished on that flight should live as long as WSU. Like Marshall University who suffered a similar tragic event, WSU should rebuild - even stronger - their football program to honor not just those that died, but also those that carry the wounds of heartbreak with them on a daily basis.

Comment

I just viewed some previews and I was very moved. I'm looking forward to watching it in its entirety. Such a tragedy for all involved.

Comment

We drove past and stopped at the memorial on I-70 in March. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Comment

I hiked up to the site a couple of months ago. You need to have good lungs and good directions if you want to the site. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I got there it was very interesting because it is essentially like it must have been within a few months after the crash. I guess I would have expected it to be a bare spot on the side of the mountain, but most of the plane wreckage is still there. All the personal effects are gone of course, but I thought someone? would have hauled the wreckage away... not sure why, just assumed thats what is done.

If you want to see it, you better go in the next 20 years because trees will have taken over and it will be gone. There's really no trail or maintenance of the site.

If someone can tell me how to do it, I'll post a picture up here if you're interested.

Comment

Went to the premiere tonight in Duerkson. Very well done tribute to the 31 that lost their lives in 1970. The DVD of the movie that will air Oct. 8th is on sale now at KPTS' website. They said that they will also sell an extended DVD with extra footage in December. Can anyone say Christmas presents.

Comment

Check Out www.bringbackshockerfootball.com

Comment

If anyone hasn't had a change to read a detailed account of what led up to the crash, see this Wikipedia article.

Wichita State University football team plane crash

Comment

It was a good documentary. Even though I have no recollection of the crash (I wasn't yet a year old) or of having seen WSU football, it was tough to watch without shedding tears.

Comment

Had to DVR it and just got done watching...Fantastic job KPTS.
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I concur... it took me several minutes to compose myself afterwards. Everyone should take the time to watch the documentary. Kudos to KPTS for telling the tragic story in the manner they did. Let the healing begin.

:good:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

I just finished it and am with you guys. I obviously wasn't around in 70 and never did experience WSU football. KPTS did a very good job.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Done the right way this would make for a very good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            Agree... there appears to be several intriguing story lines to choose from...

:good: :good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              And add in all the commercial breaks and it would come out to 2 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X