Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't see why WSU can't field a football team already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we need is our own version of T. Boone Pickens. He gave the Okie St. athletic dept. $165 million.

Comment

• I remember the hoops PT Bredehoft had to jump through to keep our average attendance at 18,000 during the 70s to meet the minimum attendance numbers for D1 participation.

Games against KState and Oklahoma State (we won 20-10) drew 30,000. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders at the Memphis game drew 28,000. Concert in the Sky Fireworks drew big crowds (it was a novelty then).

Attendance was pretty good during the Prince McJunkins years, but filling the stadium with paying customers on a regular basis will either taking very competitive football against BCS opponents at home or lots of appearances by the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and other similar celebrity draws (post game)...

It's also worth noting however, that attendance at WSU starting dropping around the same time footballl went away.. I seem to recall overall enrollment hitting the 18,000 mark in the mid-to-late 80s. It's now lower then when I attended (15,500).

I really miss football at WSU - I went to more football games than roundball games, but the $$ required are staggering....
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• It seems to me that if we could get everyone on board to play FCS?(IAA) then it would be an easier proposition. I think it's the DI or none crowd that holds the process back. For my money I'd rather play the SIU and MoSt teams one more time a year than anything else.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
          What we need is our own version of T. Boone Pickens. He gave the Okie St. athletic dept. $165 million.
          Heck I can give the $165 all you guys got to do is come up with the other $164,999,835.00 :D :posterwsu: 8) 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
          X