No announcement yet.

Ryan Spears Web.Com Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, he's getting some screen time on the Golf Channel this afternoon.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Makes a good bogey on the par 3 14th. (Believe me, could have been much worse).

Comment

Birdies the 16th. Living on the edge.

Comment

Where does he need to finish and where is he now?
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Missed a short putt on 17 for bogey. Now projected at 27 although it is very fluid right now. More importantly, he will need to play well tomorrow just to make the cut.

Comment

Missed another short putt on 18 for another bogey. Neither putt on 17 or 18 was over 4 foot. + 3 for the day. Still in contention for a card but I believe he must make the cut to have a chance.

Gregg needs to call and give Ryan the "not perfect" speech before tomorrow.

Comment

Can't even imagine the immense amount of pressure he must feel fighting for his livelihood.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Can't even imagine the immense amount of pressure he must feel fighting for his livelihood.
                  No kidding. This is his Final Four moment except that he has no teammates to share the load. It's all on him. Tomorrow morning will tell.

Comment

The first round is over.

The good news is that Ryan is projected 26 even though he played badly. (Yes 26 is on the outside but he is still in the mix.)

The bad news is that Ryan played badly and is two shots over the cut line.

Comment

Ryan is 3 over for his first 7 holes this morning. Unlikely to make the cut. Ironically, he is now projected at 24. I don't see how that can hold up. He will need some bad scores by others this afternoon.

Comment

Ryan birdies 3 holes to get back to even par for the day. Now projected at 27. Just on the outside.

Comment

Ryan, ranked 21st coming in, missed the cut as expected. However, so did #s 20, 23, 24 and 25. All he can do now is wait.

Oh, by the way, even though he missed the cut he is currently projected at #24. It will be a long uncomfortable weekend for Mr. Spears.

I will be unable to update things during the day this weekend as I will be playing my own pressure packed rounds. Quarters on the line.

Edit: Late finishers relegated Ryan to 25th, $160 ahead of 26th.
                          Last edited by wusphlash; October 2, 2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Ryan misses out on his tour card by around $1000. Basically, if he had made the cut in this last tournament he would have it.

Take it as a learning experience and come back strong next year.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              Ryan misses out on his tour card by around $1000. Basically, if he had made the cut in this last tournament he would have it.

Take it as a learning experience and come back strong next year.
                              This year's Air Capital Classic winner Rob Oppenheim, one of my favorite of our 25 winners, got his card by $106.

Comment

Working...
                              X