No announcement yet.

2014 MVC Men's Golf Championship on Apr 28th - 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shocks and Redbirds par out to complete the Round and the Tournament with the Shocks holding off the Redbirds by 3 shots.

Illinois State put up a very good 2-over 286 team score today. On most days that would have won the Redbirds a championship. But not today as the Shocks were outstanding coming in at even-par 284 in Round 3.

Fantastic work guys and congratulations on another Valley Championship and another trip to the NCAA Tournament.

Looks like Shocker Chandler Rusk and Redbird Tyler Gentilella (wouldn't really care to have that surname) will tie for medalist honors at +2 for the tournament.

:applouse:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 29, 2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

The Shocks' Chandler Rusk defeated Illinois State's Tyler Genitilella on the 3rd hole of a playoff to win medalist honors.

The win was the Shockers' 7th consecutive Valley Championship and a league record 19th overall.

Shockers Sr. Chandler Rusk, Jr. Louis Cohen Boyer and RSo. Alec Heinen where named to the 10-man 2014 All-Conference Team.

The Shocks also swept the specialty awards:

Coach of the Year – Grier Jones, Wichita State
      Golfer of the Year – Louis Cohen Boyer, Wichita State
      Newcomer of the Year – Grant Bennett, Wichita State
      Elite 18 Winner – Alec Heinen, Wichita State

The Elite 18 Award Program was established by the Missouri Valley Conference in the fall of 2010 to honor the highest achievement in academics and athletics by a student-athlete in each MVC-sponsored sport.

Doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations to Coach Jones and to the entire Shocker men's team.

Comment

Quality program, no doubt about it. Coach Jones has done a fantastic job. I should have taken him up on his offer 35 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Quality program, no doubt about it. Coach Jones has done a fantastic job. I should have taken him up on his offer 35 years ago.
          What a great coaching hire all those years ago. And to think the job could have gone to yours truly. What a disaster it might have turned out to be. I couldn't be more proud of this program, this coach and these players. Well done Shockers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The Shocks' Chandler Rusk defeated Illinois State's Tyler Genitilella on the 3rd hole of a playoff to win medalist honors.

Congratulations Shox!!

I dunno, if my last name looks like it is pronounced "genitalia" I would probably assume a different name when I go pro.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

@1972Shocker: ... this thread was a GREAT read! Thanks a ton!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Congratulations Shox!!

I dunno, if my last name looks like it is pronounced "genitalia" I would probably assume a different name when I go pro.
                No doubt. I think I would rather be a boy named Sue.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  No doubt. I think I would rather be a boy named Sue.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Congratulations Shox!!

His nickname is "Shorty".

Comment

Working...
                    X