No announcement yet.

Esports Milestone for WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you REALLY want to compare criminal offense and drug usage statistics between esports pros and NFL players?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      It's okay if you wish to live your life with your head buried in the sand.
      Your unspoken reference that I’m like an ostrich doesn’t bother me. I’m surprised. Politics are usually more a barrier than gaming. I don’t spend or waste time gambling either, because those kinds of things don’t appeal to me. It appears that you like those activities.

I Ike golf, fishing, Shocker basketball (not as much the past couple of years) and baseball and professional football.
      Last edited by Shockm; November 23, 2022, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I do play a little to unwind and clear my mind sometimes. I will also gamble a couple of bucks here and there just for fun. I'm still up about $400 and never bet more than $10 on any activity. But this has more to do with the mental health aspect that I'm very passionate about. I absolutely hate when people blindly throw out things and attach mental health to it with no backing and just a personal prejudice. It's used as a way to diminish and belittle people and I don't stand for that. Maybe that wasn't your intention and you were just being lazy, but you brought up the unscrupulous stereotypes and tried to paint a picture that does not truly exist outside of the fringes, but we can point to the fringes of any group and paint unflattering pictures of a larger group as a whole. That's still lazy and dishonest.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I do play a little to unwind and clear my mind sometimes. I will also gamble a couple of bucks here and there just for fun. I'm still up about $400 and never bet more than $10 on any activity. But this has more to do with the mental health aspect that I'm very passionate about. I absolutely hate when people blindly throw out things and attach mental health to it with no backing and just a personal prejudice. It's used as a way to diminish and belittle people and I don't stand for that. Maybe that wasn't your intention and you were just being lazy, but you brought up the unscrupulous stereotypes and tried to paint a picture that does not truly exist outside of the fringes, but we can point to the fringes of any group and paint unflattering pictures of a larger group as a whole. That's still lazy and dishonest.
          We all have different values. I think that Vitamin D is a good thing for kids, which can only happen from outside daylight. Here is research that says that outside play is best for kids socially too (which I agree with). This also says that kids should do both video games, and outside play. However, I'm sure that there is evidence for the opposite.

https://www.scholaradvisor.com/essay...g-video-games/
          Outdoor activities are far more social than video games, which means they help people to become more sociable. They make it easier for people to come together in groups and take part in social activities.

Conclusion
          It seems pretty obvious that a person should indulge in both video games and outdoor activities in equal measure. Just like any form of recreation, too much of one thing can be bad. A healthy mix of outdoor activities and video games is going to be healthy and positive for both adults and children.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            It seems pretty obvious that a person should indulge in both video games and outdoor activities in equal measure. Just like any form of recreation, too much of one thing can be bad. A healthy mix of outdoor activities and video games is going to be healthy and positive for both adults and children.
            You could have just agreed with post #7 and saved yourself the research time. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You could have just agreed with post #7 and saved yourself the research time. :)
              Are you saying that human isolation is good and human interaction and Sociability has no mental health value? This study found equal value in it. The Swatters (according to news stories) spent many hours on their machines. Although, those Swatters made a lot more money through their isolation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are you saying that human isolation is good and human interaction and Sociability has no mental health value? This study found equal value in it. The Swatters (according to news stories) spent many hours on their machines. Although, those Swatters made a lot more money through their isolation.
                I haven't said anything remotely close. Did you not read post #7?

But it helps to be fit in esports, on top of being mentally top class. And it helps to be smart in football, on top of being a physical specimen.
                I said both be fit and exercise your mind. You disregarded that and kept ranting that esports are terrible. But now that you have done your research, you are catching on.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                  X