No announcement yet.

AD for a day? Here’s what I would do….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said in another thread the beautiful thing about soccer is that we would own the state on the men's side and we would get good real fast on the women's side just because of the talent base.

It would be a gamble yes, but I say all in on a stadium campaign and an announcement adding the sport and cutting whatever we need to and still stay within guidance. Decent soccer schools actually produce revenue.

Comment

I'd fire Boatright.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        As I said in another thread the beautiful thing about soccer is that we would own the state on the men's side and we would get good real fast on the women's side just because of the talent base.

It would be a gamble yes, but I say all in on a stadium campaign and an announcement adding the sport and cutting whatever we need to and still stay within guidance. Decent soccer schools actually produce revenue.
        Sorry but if you didn't hear, Soccer Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry but if you didn't hear, Soccer Sucks.
          How old are you?

Comment

How old are you?
            Old enough to know that Soccer Sucks. You don't know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Old enough to know that Soccer Sucks. You don't know that?
              The reason I ask is because the majority of people I hear say “Soccer Sucks” are over 50 (which I am) and many over 60 (which I am not). Not a lot of hate for soccer for the Under 40 crowd who will be the ones attending over the next couple of decades.

Comment

The reason I ask is because the majority of people I hear say “Soccer Sucks” are over 50 (which I am) and many over 60 (which I am not). Not a lot of hate for soccer for the Under 40 crowd who will be the ones attending over the next couple of decades.
                I’m older and soccer is way down on my list. Ted Lasso did get me to appreciate it a little more. If I was AD, I’d sure consider it, because of its global and domestic popularity.

P.S. “AD for a day? Here’s what I would do….”

I’m sure ADDB can relate to this…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don’t watch the MLS if you want to get into soccer.

Watch the EPL on NBC/Peacock and the Champions League on CBS/Paramount+.

Pick a team and get to learn about the culture, style of play, etc.

Just like any sport, once you get into it and can enjoy and appreciate aspects and nuances of the game and how it’s played, your enjoyment will go up.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Don’t watch the MLS if you want to get into soccer.

Watch the EPL on NBC/Peacock and the Champions League on CBS/Paramount+.

Pick a team and get to learn about the culture, style of play, etc.

Just like any sport, once you get into it and can enjoy and appreciate aspects and nuances of the game and how it’s played, your enjoyment will go up.
                    Great advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X