No announcement yet.

Official Shockers vs. Golden Hurricane Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing I will say for JT is that while he wasn't shooting from inside, he was posting up. It just turned out that he was getting assists rather than shots out of those opportunities. He made some nice passes to set up baskets, including to Ellis for the dunk.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I thought Hatch was getting his ass kicked for most of the night. With that said he hustled his ass off.

Garrett had a great game. I think he tries to finesse to much instead of just going hard. I think he forgets that he's 7 feet tall on the court sometimes.

Aaron Ellis is having a great 3 game stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
        I'm still wondering why he got so few 2nd half minutes.
        Tulsa world wrote this "TU's big men accumulated fouls quickly, and although the Hurricane stayed close, it couldn't handle the 7-foot Stutz when TU starting center Steven Idlet was off the floor."

Perhaps Marshall wanted him in there only when Idlet was on the bench causing a mismatch.

Comment

• Oh and if you guys were wondering who the idiot in the blu shirt was, that was me....... ;-)
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah
            Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
            I'm still wondering why he got so few 2nd half minutes.
            Tulsa world wrote this "TU's big men accumulated fouls quickly, and although the Hurricane stayed close, it couldn't handle the 7-foot Stutz when TU starting center Steven Idlet was off the floor."

Perhaps Marshall wanted him in there only when Idlet was on the bench causing a mismatch.
            Except the Tulsa article was wrong because Stutz dominated Idlet as well, and was the major reason Idlet was in foul trouble to begin with.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              I thought Hatch was getting his ass kicked for most of the night. With that said he hustled his ass off.

Garrett had a great game. I think he tries to finesse to much instead of just going hard. I think he forgets that he's 7 feet tall on the court sometimes.

It's actually 3 out of 4 game stretch. You should be on the radio pre-game doing stats. They are so much more skewed when you pull out certain ones. My favorite last night was that Hatch is 6 for 10 in 3 of 4 games from 3. What kind of stat is that?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                I thought Hatch was getting his ass kicked for most of the night. With that said he hustled his ass off.

It's actually 3 out of 4 game stretch. You should be on the radio pre-game doing stats. They are so much more skewed when you pull out certain ones. My favorite last night was that Hatch is 6 for 10 in 3 of 4 games from 3. What kind of stat is that?
                So tell me where I am wrong?

Comment

• I accidentally posted my rating of the arena in this tread, sorry mods. Delete this post if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan

I believe Ellis had good games against Nicholls St, then Alabama A&M, then not so good LSU, lastly good against Tulsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk

I believe Ellis had good games against Nicholls St, then Alabama A&M, then not so good LSU, lastly good against Tulsa.
                      Im actually speaking about the general tone of the response. Yes I missed the LSU game.... blow me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk

Im actually speaking about the general tone of the response. Yes I missed the LSU game.... blow me.
                        Actually, those above were your words. I messed up on how I placed/posted my response. The rest of your post was on target IMO, include your tone on Ellis.

By the way.....I'll pass.

Comment

• Oh.....well...... Egg on my face

Comment

Working...
                          X