No announcement yet.

SIU getting destroyed by USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's only one game. Yeah, it's early in the season. But early in the season is usually when we all end up playing BCS schools.

Unfortunately, losses like this by our top ranked Valley brothers will play a significant factor in determining the number of NCAA bids the conference gets.

We all know that the MVC through graduations appears to be weaker than in recent years. When our highest ranked team gets beaten soundly, it hurts us all.

Comment

I really, really was hoping the Salukis would pull this out. I'm kinda dissappointed they didn't. I will root for them, as long as we aren't playing. Gotta root for all MVC teams.

Comment

Didn't we get spanked by 20+ by Michigan State the year we went to the sweet sixteen?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
          Didn't we get spanked by 20+ by Michigan State the year we went to the sweet sixteen?
          We did. But we weren't the Valley favorites and ranked 18th in the nation at the time either.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by Capitol Shock
            We did. But we weren't the Valley favorites and ranked 18th in the nation at the time either.
            Wasn't it USC that sent us into our tailspin last year in Vegas? Or New Mexico started it and USC finished it? Back to my point... uhhh, not sure I really had a point... unfortunately, Old-timers has set in.

Oh, I remember... USC has a stable full of stallions and may have the best overall talent in the country. I wouldn't read too much into this loss. Embarrassing for SIU and the Valley on prime time TV? YES! $&%# happens. USC had one of those nights where everything went their way... this might actually be good for SIU in the long run.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

USC has a stable full of stallions and may have the best overall talent in the country

UNC, UCLA, KU, and Memphis would like to speak with you

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                USC has a stable full of stallions and may have the best overall talent in the country

UNC, UCLA, KU, and Memphis would like to speak with you
                John, I did say "may" and can't argue with your list. How about they have top 10 talent?
                :good:

Comment

Quite sorry. I think top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                    Quite sorry. I think top 15.
                    OK John, how about top 20 talent to satisfy you... jeeeezzzzz! j/k :D

P.S. You must be related to my wife. :yahoo:

Comment

I'll put it this way ... if we come back and beat Indiana Saturday night, we'll be okay this season. The USC game will be just a blip on the radar screen of a long year.

If we perform the same way against the Hoosiers we did against USC, though, ... YIKES!

Comment

I missed the USC game, but I saw them play an athletic Miss St team of the SEC and destroy them. After that game, I didn't think SIU would lose the rest of the year they looked so tough. I guess they must have looked equally as bad the next night...

Comment

I am surprised some are dancing so vigorously and with such glee on SIU's one loss grave.

We have our own problems, which are far greater than SIU's.

On the other hand, considering those two Doggie morons on Valley Talk, who poke their thumbs in our eyes, every chance they get, I really do not mind the thrashing at all.

Comment

until further notice, SIU is the top dog. How long you say, oh about a a 1-3 years, tops. Shocks will take over, because they have a better program and a very good coach, no disrespect to SIU. We just have the right combo of fan support, Athletic Director, President and resources to sustain a good MVC program.
                            ________
                            ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
                              I missed the USC game, but I saw them play an athletic Miss St team of the SEC and destroy them. After that game, I didn't think SIU would lose the rest of the year they looked so tough. I guess they must have looked equally as bad the next night...
                              An amazing turnaround in our performances.
                              We dominate Mississippi State then look like Chicago State against USC.
                              Rumor has it GodShawGod had a temperature of 103, which would explain why he looked like ass, but I suspect we just got our butts kicked.

Comment

As I said before, USC was a terrible matchup for SIU but I maintain that SIU is going to miss the 2 guards more than most think.

They are still the best team in the league but they are not as good as they were last year and I don't think they will be as good (or really nearly as good) as the 07 team at years end.

They are not going to mail in the Valley title this year. It still goes through Carbondale but the road may be very bumpy.

Comment

Working...
                                X