Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to watch road games (eastside) Larry Buds? Fox? AJ's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owenc
    Originally posted by martymoose
    Yeah, I know some are WSU students; in fact some are WSU volleyball players. I've frequented Larry Buds quite regularly in the past given it's proximity to my house...and yes the bus has been nice. Just rubbed me a bit the wrong way by catering to OU and Nebraska fans rather than their core WSU customers.
    I know Larry pretty well I think really they are mostly agnostic when it comes to teams. Their goal after all is to put butts in the seats. However, they definitely cater to WSU fans and WSU game days are their biggest crowds during the regular season at least. They do big business with WSU students too. Probably more than anyone else that isn't right on campus.

Chris
    Of course they're about putting butts in the seats, it's about what makes money. But when other bars in town were turning off the OU/Nebraska game at half time to switch over to the WSU game, Larry Buds wasn't. Guess it didn't take long for them to forget WSU brings in their largest crowds of the week.

There's a reason the Cedar isn't there anymore...service went downhill and they started pissing off their core customers so they went elsewhere.

Comment

Of course they're about putting butts in the seats, it's about what makes money. But when other bars in town were turning off the OU/Nebraska game at half time to switch over to the WSU game, Larry Buds wasn't. Guess it didn't take long for them to forget WSU brings in their largest crowds of the week.
      I can't believe they wouldn't show both.

Chris

Comment

Chris
        They showed both...just had the sound on the OU/Ne game. They had more OU and Nebraska fans there at the time. They really couldn't do any different.

Comment

Chris
          Of course they showed both, but when you watch the game, you want sound...

Here is what WSU fans were told at Larry Buds: "The sound and big screens will switch to the WSU game when the OU/Nebraska game is over, not to worry there is only going to be about a 15 minute overlap."

Now I have no idea where they came up with the "15 minute overlap" since there was about 5 minutes left in the WSU game when the football game ended. WSU fans, knowing this, asked if they could watch the WSU game in the back room and were told "No, that area is designated for football"...WOW! (Ok, so what's the front room designated for???)

Now Chris, I understand that not being a huge WSU fan like the rest of us, this doesn't bother you....but imagine you're in Lawrence planning to go to your favorite bar...the place you normally go when you want to go out and watch a game on TV...where ever that may be. You get there, get a table and are then told the OU/Nebraska game is of higher priority they'll switch over to the KU game when the football game is over.... :roll:

Originally posted by shocker22
          They showed both...just had the sound on the OU/Ne game. They had more OU and Nebraska fans there at the time. They really couldn't do any different.
          I'm sure there were more OU/Nebraska fans there, given that game started at 7:00, they probably started showing up around 5:00 or 6:00...the WSU game was at 9:00. By doing a little bit of planning Larry Buds could have at a MINIMUM designated the back room to switch sound to the WSU game at tip.

Comment

Chris
            Of course they showed both, but when you watch the game, you want sound...

Here is what WSU fans were told at Larry Buds: "The sound and big screens will switch to the WSU game when the OU/Nebraska game is over, not to worry there is only going to be about a 15 minute overlap."

Now I have no idea where they came up with the "15 minute overlap" since there was about 5 minutes left in the WSU game when the football game ended. WSU fans, knowing this, asked if they could watch the WSU game in the back room and were told "No, that area is designated for football"...WOW! (Ok, so what's the front room designated for???)

Now Chris, I understand that not being a huge WSU fan like the rest of us, this doesn't bother you....but imagine you're in Lawrence planning to go to your favorite bar...the place you normally go when you want to go out and watch a game on TV...where ever that may be. You get there, get a table and are then told the OU/Nebraska game is of higher priority they'll switch over to the KU game when the football game is over.... :roll:

Originally posted by shocker22
            I'm sure there were more OU/Nebraska fans there, given that game started at 7:00, they probably started showing up around 5:00 or 6:00...the WSU game was at 9:00. By doing a little bit of planning Larry Buds could have at a MINIMUM designated the back room to switch sound to the WSU game at tip.
            :good: Pretty good analogy. :good:

I can tell what would happen. The KU folks would go Democrat crazy.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
            X