Relax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relax

The Sweet 16 team lost a close game to Illinois in Padre, and got whacked by MSU up in Auburn Hills. Not so dissimilar from what we have seen so far this year. I know the Valley is not as good as that year, but have a little faith, as that season turned out alright.
    SDSU was the first road game of the season, and we walked into a hornets nest. With any luck, the team will learn from it, and deal better with Omaha and Cedar Falls.
    YOUSUCKITPOX

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Don't Do It) 1984Relax don't do it when you wanna go to itrelax don't do it when you wanna comerelax don't do it when you ...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Re: Relax

Originally posted by Born2Shock
      The Sweet 16 team lost a close game to Illinois in Padre, and got whacked by MSU up in Auburn Hills. Not so dissimilar from what we have seen so far this year. I know the Valley is not as good as that year, but have a little faith, as that season turned out alright.
      SDSU was the first road game of the season, and we walked into a hornets nest. With any luck, the team will learn from it, and deal better with Omaha and Cedar Falls.
      I bolded the key part of your post and frankly it's a big understatement.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Agreed. Still doesnt mean the sky is falling for the team. Alot of basketball left to be played.
        YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
          Agreed. Still doesnt mean the sky is falling for the team. Alot of basketball left to be played.
          Agree that there is a lot of ball to be played. It's just our opportunities to make big statements to the college basketball world are down to about zero.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Win out in the non conference schedule including bracket busters and hope like hell the teams we beat and lost to kick some arse. Then win the Valley regular season and we are still in good shape. Those extra three teams in the dance just might help us.

Look at it this way: Last year our Non con schedule included Pitt and Utah State and no one else (considering TTech laid a big egg). Also, we didn't even win the conference. Still, on selection Sunday, in a 65 team field, we were still one of the last five teams out. The conference wasn't exactly great last year, either.

Comment

Of course one should relax.

Enjoy the crappy Valley schedule, the awful home schedule and pray that we win in St. Louis, where we've just been dynamite the last 20 years, so we can lose in the first round of the NCAAs.

Sounds like a plan to me.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Of course one should relax.

Enjoy the crappy Valley schedule, the awful home schedule and pray that we win in St. Louis, where we've just been dynamite the last 20 years, so we can lose in the first round of the NCAAs.

Sounds like a plan to me.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                Unless I'm missing some sarcasm, sounds like someone who would be more happy following BcS teams. Of course, you'd still have awful home non-con schedules.

:shock:

Comment

Why shouldn't we relax? I mean we win games all the time against teams we shouldn't beat.

I mean, just go back to Nov 28, 2008 when we beat Sienna.

Even last year we won at Missouri State.

Those kind of wins are so frequent now, it's really just scary.

Comment

We don't have that many opportunities doc...

Comment

Originally posted by proshox
                      And that's why we need to peak when we do.

Comment

Well, to an extent I agree but I see 9 last season, and we got 1.

Pitt, UNIX2, ISU, BU, DU (stretch), MSU, CU, Nevada.

What's the saying? All hat, no ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Well, to an extent I agree but I see 9 last season, and we got 1.

Pitt, UNIX2, ISU, BU, DU (stretch), MSU, CU, Nevada.

What's the saying? All hat, no ranch?
                          All hat, no cattle. In biblical times it was, "All staff, no sheep." But point, taken. :lol:
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If we get the NIT it will make our home games this season a little better.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

Our time will come! Eat more fiber!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X