Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... LSU now becomes the biggest game of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... LSU now becomes the biggest game of the year.

if we lose to lsu, we are screwed.

If we dont win there, we are going to have to win the valley very handedly.
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

I think you can say that about every game the rest of the year.

Comment

I think if we can win out our non conference and sdsu keeps kicking ass... that we are ok for an at large. but losing to LSU is gonna kill us.
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I agree, they need to prove that they can beat a BCS team on the road. If they lose to LSU, it gives the selection committee a reason to exclude us.

Comment

Absolutely no reason to believe we'll lose to LSU. They are weak this year. Nowhere near the competition level of SDS or UConn.

I agree that every game is important though. None more so than those 3 at Arch Madness.

Comment

I say its very winnable game and the SDS loss was a valuable learning tool that will hopefully pay dividends come march
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              I say its very winnable game and the SDS loss was a valuable learning tool that will hopefully pay dividends come march
              Being winnable is not the same as winning. UConn and SDS, and every game we play is winnable before the game starts.

I'm tired of losses that are valuable learning tools. That is what practice is for. I would like our guys to do the teaching in games.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                I think you can say that about every game the rest of the year.
                :good:

What the losses to UCONN and SDST have done has been to make the margin of error smaller.

WSU has 2 losses, that means they can only give up 3-4 more and still have a decent RPI (27 to 34). 5 or 6 more losses puts them in the 42-52 RPI range.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Originally posted by kcshocker11
                  Being winnable is not the same as winning. UConn and SDS, and every game we play is winnable before the game starts.

I'm tired of losses that are valuable learning tools. That is what practice is for. I would like our guys to do the teaching in games.
                  If people are tired of gaining valuable learning tools by lossing, I say go root for another team. Obviously, we are not far enough along in our progression as a quality basketball team to earn those wins yet. Nothing any of us says will change that. Yes, I want a win over a top-15 program. I also want the "you won the lottery" fairy to show up at my front door. I'll let you in on a secret...my doorbell isn't ringing. I know I am going out on a huge limb here, but my guess is that HCGM is trying really hard in practice to turn this thing around. You don't think he is tired of it? That is the challenge for coaches. Recruit the best possible players for how you want to play...tweak things to the best of your ability...recruit some more...and do what doc is famous for saying...repeat as needed. Come on people...I want to think we all are a little more perceptive than we are showing. I am also including myself.

Comment

Beating LSU, and Tulsa will not help but losses would really hurt. The MVC is definitely a one bid confernce unless we probably win out in non conference and are VERY dominant in conference play. As I said last night the season iis not lost. IMO the team is very capable of doing this.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Beating LSU, and Tulsa will not help but losses would really hurt. The MVC is definitely a one bid confernce unless we probably win out in non conference and are VERY dominant in conference play. As I said last night the season iis not lost. IMO the team is very capable of doing this.
                      :good: :posterwu: 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Biggest game of the year is Sunday, March 6, 2011 in St. Louis, assuming we get that far.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          Biggest game of the year is Sunday, March 6, 2011 in St. Louis, assuming we get that far.
                          That is a losing mentality...you should know better. The most important game of the year is Friday, December 10 vs. Nicholls St. March 6 is the 26th most important game of the season at this point in time. The goal is to build and grow as a team. It will take 25 more important games than March 6 to do that.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                            That is a losing mentality...you should know better. The most important game of the year is Friday, December 10 vs. Nicholls St. March 6 is the 26th most important game of the season at this point in time. The goal is to build and grow as a team. It will take 25 more important games than March 6 to do that.

I was going to post that our next game was our biggest game of the year, but you explained it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC

Weren't you the one who said no to koolaid drinking?

Unless you think we're gonna win 22 of our next 25 games, and you think Virginia is gonna take the ACC by storm, I stand by my statement.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X