No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL Shocks vs. Aztecs Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree to disagree. I could see not having sound and being further away from a smaller tv may have lead you to believe that it was something worse off than it actually was.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas
      We will agree to disagree then shockerfever. I saw what I thought COULD have been a flagrant foul depending on the officials. Regardless, what's done is done
      absolutely no way what he did was cause for an ejection. i really cant believe only one person has told you how wrong you are before now.

Comment

• This is for all of the coaches out there who know more about basketball than Marshall. You know who you are - you're the ones who want to start Ragland or Williams instead of Hatch.

Did you happen to notice who was playing during the two minute stretch when the game was lost? If you noticed that Williams and Ragland were both in the game at that time - and both were making mistakes and bad decisions - then you have the correct answer.

So, I guess the superior strategy is to move that to the beginning of the game because there's more time to recover Is that what you have in mind?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
          This is for all of the coaches out there who know more about basketball than Marshall. You know who you are - you're the ones who want to start Ragland or Williams instead of Hatch.

Did you happen to notice who was playing during the two minute stretch when the game was lost? If you noticed that Williams and Ragland were both in the game at that time - and both were making mistakes and bad decisions - then you have the correct answer.

So, I guess the superior strategy is to move that to the beginning of the game because there's more time to recover Is that what you have in mind?
          You are exactly right!!! TM is the best option they have at the point right now, until Rags or DW show that they can play the point under pressure. They are making way too many mistakes right now. The weak passing really drives me nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
            This is for all of the coaches out there who know more about basketball than Marshall. You know who you are - you're the ones who want to start Ragland or Williams instead of Hatch.

Perhaps the problem is having them both in at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker
              Originally posted by Aargh

You are exactly right!!! TM is the best option they have at the point right now, until Rags or DW show that they can play the point under pressure. They are making way too many mistakes right now. The weak passing really drives me nuts.
              Ragland was the only one that got the ball across half court during that time. If that is a poor decision then I guess I don't understand. Murry had more turn overs than Williams during the run...1 to ZERO!!!!

I'm not saying Murry should be pulled for that. Rags has the best assist to turn over margin on the team, maybe in the conference. He sure is an awful decision maker that doesn't handle the ball well!

On the other hand. If you want to say that Rags shouldn't play because his defense is poor, I won't argue, but will say that the other PGs have not impressed me to where I would say that they are defensively superior.

Come on Aargh, I really respect your opinion on this forum but you were watching a different game than I was. In another thread you blamed JTD for poor shot selection leading to the Aztec run. He wasn't even playing!!! Now Ragland is a bad decision maker that caused it?

You really need to look at that run again. Two turn overs by Williams and a poor shot. One turn over by Murry. Mr. Hatch/Mr. Hustle put a foul on Leonard after some oley defense. Blair went 0-3 with two fouls. Hatch WAS part of the problem during the 14-0 run. Durley and Ragland were not.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Rags actually played OK with 4 assists to 1 turnover. His one turnover was the offensive foul that started the SDS run. But it was a turnover of aggression. Maybe a poor decision to take it to the hoop against two SDS defenders, but it was not a ballhandling error.

After that Rags departed and was replaced by D-Will who IMHO was the player that threw the gasoline on the fire. Toure also added a bad turnover to the mix that lead to an easy SDS basket.

At this point I say we go with Rags at the point and hope that he continues to grow. He has been better in recent games. Hopefully, he will also find his stroke.

D-Will is the guy I think 3G needs to be careful with. His play has been very eratic so far this year to say the least. But there should be chances to get him some playing time and, hopefully, he will settle down and learn to let the game come to him.

Toure can fill in at the point as needed put I prefer to see him at an off-guard position most of the time (a 2 or 3 depending on whether we are going 3 guard or not).

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker

A couple of TM's passes were extremely weak last night and directly lead to turnovers. Just saying.

At this point, I would still take him over DW or Rags. Honestly, I don't think DW is ready and won't be ready for the foreseeable future..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Originally posted by eeshocker

A couple of TM's passes were extremely weak last night and directly lead to turnovers. Just saying.

At this point, I would still take him over DW or Rags. Honestly, I don't think DW is ready and won't be ready for the foreseeable future..
                    And Rags issue?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Rags has 23 assists to 7 turnovers which is quite good.

Whether or not he is doing a good job running 3G's offense in the manner 3G wants it run I really can't say.

My biggest issue with Joe is his defense and his proclivity to allow dribble penetration (not that he is the only Shocker doing this)l.

Comment

Working...
                      X