X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ABC said.

Comment

I like ABC's throw down...

ABC do you think WSU has the type of players required to meet the WSU expectation? I think they do not, but I am not mad at Turg for it and it was going to be an issue for him or any other coach...

The junior class was an issue and the sophomore class was almost run off. Chris Brown transferred, Butler was going to, Gal was 50/50, and JT had some considerable effort/health questions coming into this year. JT may have never been game ready without GM's training style (Turg was going to go old school with training so it may be a moot issue). If MT had stayed there was a small chance none of them would have played this year.

To sum it all up, I think I may have the same opinion as some of those you accuse of "denigration," but it is not out of spite for MT: it is just an open look at the challenges which are making this the most interesting Shocker season I have witnessed.

Comment

Re: Please stop it

Originally posted by Ta town
        stop the Turg talk whether it be positive or negative..........PLEASE!!!!!

WSU has freaking Greg Marshall as a head coach and the future is bright. I don't understand why any of you sit and write about Turg. Even the positive stuff isn't nessecary.

This board has become lame. Everytime I get on here it's some bitter person battling it out with some self righteous person over a coach from the past. Good God people! stop it.
        I'm confused, why would you be upset about someone else expressing how they feel about Turgeon? This is a f'ing message board, which is a tool for communication and expression. If that can't be done, no matter what the topic but especially when is pertains to WSU bball, then what is the point. I suggest that if you don't like it you should stop whining like a little girl and don't read them.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
          Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          I was going to a start a new Turgeon thread, but you changed my mind. I'll go ahead and post it here.

Topic: Former A&M Coach Mark Turgeon Enjoys Chicken Sandwiches.

Big Ol' Badass Balla: Did anyone else read in the Houston paper that Turg likes a chicken sandwich as much as the next guy? I don't remember him ever eating a chicken sandwich in Wichita.

SN#1: I'm sure our new coach will eat chicken sandwiches too, but they will be bigger and spicier.

SN#2: But what about the fact that he never used mayo here? I mean, I was at Chick-fil-A the other day and I saw HCGM eating a sandwich WITH mayo!!! There's definitely a new "Marshall" in town.

SN#3: I know our new coach is enjoying chicken sandwiches, but I heard a rumor that part of Turg$$$$ package at A&M includes a Kenny Rogers' Roasters Franchise...
          , i guess im not high enough to get this one.
          Exactly. Completely pointless.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

You wouldn't stop talking about a friend if they moved away and took another job, would you? And I doubt you would completely remove all the memories of what they did just because they moved away. - Turgeon got us where we are today and I see nothing wrong with discussing where he is right now and what he did in the past. - As long as it isn't MT bashing, I don't have a problem with discussing him a little. I actually found myself watching a TAM game the other day solely because I wanted to see how Turg's new team was doing. Its not that I want him back, but that I want to see him do well.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
              You wouldn't stop talking about a friend if they moved away and took another job, would you? And I doubt you would completely remove all the memories of what they did just because they moved away. - Turgeon got us where we are today and I see nothing wrong with discussing where he is right now and what he did in the past. - As long as it isn't MT bashing, I don't have a problem with discussing him a little. I actually found myself watching a TAM game the other day solely because I wanted to see how Turg's new team was doing. Its not that I want him back, but that I want to see him do well.

He's doing very well so far. A lot better than he would have done if he had stayed here.

Comment

I logged on at 9:45 this morning for a quick look, and of the top eight threads under Men's Basketball, five had to do with Mark Turgeon or Texas A&M, including the truly bizarre idea that Aggie basketball predictions are a WSU men's basketball topic.

To be fair, one of the eight was an appeal to quit obsessing about MT -- but, still, how sad is it when the majority of conversation on here is about some other program and coach? (Especially considering that one of the three non-Aggie threads was another non-Shocker topic about SIU's pounding at the hands of a team who didn't beat Mercer -- although at least that one related to a Valley opponent and some possible implications for WSU and other MVC teams.)

Two Shocker threads out of eight -- could it be time to start living in the present?

careful apparently the bitter and some who have a huge boner for turg don't want to talk about anything else. your going to piss them off with this attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                  I logged on at 9:45 this morning for a quick look, and of the top eight threads under Men's Basketball, five had to do with Mark Turgeon or Texas A&M, including the truly bizarre idea that Aggie basketball predictions are a WSU men's basketball topic.

To be fair, one of the eight was an appeal to quit obsessing about MT -- but, still, how sad is it when the majority of conversation on here is about some other program and coach? (Especially considering that one of the three non-Aggie threads was another non-Shocker topic about SIU's pounding at the hands of a team who didn't beat Mercer -- although at least that one related to a Valley opponent and some possible implications for WSU and other MVC teams.)

Two Shocker threads out of eight -- could it be time to start living in the present?

careful apparently the bitter and some who have a huge boner for turg don't want to talk about anything else. your going to piss them off with this attitude.
                  If I was a board mod, you would be skating on thin ice. :roll:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

who is Mark Turgeon?
                    ________
                    Baby mac
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I remember reading about Smithson all the time on this Board. Didn't bother me at all. This Turgeon thing is like a wildfire. Eventually it will burn it self out...case in point, several posters are extremely tired of it.

My advice to them until it does...read something else. If you don't want to read it no one is forcing you to.

Comment

Turg

I wonder what the general consenus is on the Winthrop boards about Greg Marshall. Do they have the same amount of chatter on their old coach?

Comment

At the Winthrop board there are 16 non-stickied topics on the first page. None have subject titles referencing Gregg Marshall.

If you add in 20 more topics from page two, there are zero GM topics.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            At the Winthrop board there are 16 non-stickied topics on the first page. None have subject titles referencing Gregg Marshall.

If you add in 20 more topics from page two, there are zero GM topics.
                            No GM topics, but if you read between the lines, they mention him in the threads a time or two.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How about a thread on "where the hell is Orupke?"

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
                                How about a thread on "where the hell is Orupke?"

Maybe we should start a pool on when he is going to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X