WSU VERSUS SAN DIEGO STATE PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS SAN DIEGO STATE PREDICTIONS

I guess I'll get this one started. This will be our biggest test (probably of the whole year given how the Valley has been playing). From the little I have seen I'm not overly confident, but I am hopefull. This is definately a winnable game but the Shox will have to play better than they have played all year, especially on defense. Leonard is their biggest threat, but they have a few guys who seem to shoot it pretty darn good. I don't know if the Shox have been showing enough on defense to make me feel they can keep SDSU from making their shots. They are CAPABLE, but I haven't seen it consistently yet.

On the flip side shots won't come easy for the Shox. SDSU really seems to guard pretty well. Saint Mary's hardly had ANY room to maneuver or get a shot off as soon as they brought it across mid-court. It took Saint Mary's alot of time to get a good shot each possession which helped to keep them from getting their average score (90 ppg prior to SDSU). I do like our ball movement so far this year, so I think we may be able to get some good looks, but we will HAVE to make a good percentage to even keep it close. It may have been "one of those nights" for SDSU but they blocked over 10 shots last night against Saint Mary's. Durley, Blair, Stutz...etc will have to really go strong against their front court.

Anyway, I'll go with:

Shox - 68
    SDSU - 72

Hope I'm wrong, but being our first true road game of the year against a VERY good opponent I'm a little uneasy. Once again I wish we had some road games under our belt to help me feel better. This team is capable of beating anyone on the road or at home. But they were capable last year also and just couldn't get it done often enough. I'll be glad to be wrong on this one. GO SHOX
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

SHOX -- 74
    AZTECS -- 73

It'll be a real battle between 2 of the best non-BCS schools of the year, and exciting to watch. I think it could go either way, but I'm going to be optimistic because we have too much at stake. After the narrow defeat at the hand of Kemba, we'll be ready to finish the deal.

Comment

I don't like predicting scores, but I'm expecting SDSU to go up 10-15 in the first couple of minutes of the game, we hit a couple threes, go on a couple of runs, keep getting it down to 5-7 but can never get over the hump and end up losing by about 10.

Comment

I really like this team... Shox 70, SDS 65

Comment

JT has a big game. That's my prediction.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Here's the deal. Turnovers? If the Shocks take care of the ball, and IF we play our best overall game of the Season, we have a fighting chance. A Shock Win would be EPIC.

WSU 73

Aztecs 70
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

WSU 79
              SDSU 73

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                I don't like predicting scores, but I'm expecting SDSU to go up 10-15 in the first couple of minutes of the game, we hit a couple threes, go on a couple of runs, keep getting it down to 5-7 but can never get over the hump and end up losing by about 10.
                DOMINO! But instead of losing by 10 we lose by 16. SDSU is way too athletic, 12,000+ screaming Aztec fans will be daunting, the two-hour time change will be a factor and SDSU has played some quality teams and won, which has prepared them more for this match-up than our schedule has.

Comment

If we win this, no one in the Valley or even the rest of our noncon should be able to take us.
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    DOMINO! But instead of losing by 10 we lose by 16. SDSU is way too athletic, 12,000+ screaming Aztec fans will be daunting, the two-hour time change will be a factor and SDSU has played some quality teams and won, which has prepared them more for this match-up than our schedule has.
                    Gonzaga and St. Mary's are it... no better than UConn and Virginia. Their other 4 games are Long Beach St., Wisconsin GB, IUPUI, and Miami of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock
                      Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Gonzaga and St. Mary's are it... no better than UConn and Virginia. Their other 4 games are Long Beach St., Wisconsin GB, IUPUI, and Miami of Ohio.
                      This. I don't think their record is anything to sweat. We probably lose a close one due to time change and road game.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Time change won't be a factor. The team left for there today to help with that, but regardless it's not that big of a deal.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Was time change the excuse for the UConn loss?

SDSU is the superior team at this point. I agree with AndShock. We rarely start well on the road. This being our first true road test will startle us - especially given the quality of opponent.

Let's hope the line changes are gone for this one.

WSU - 64
                          SDSU - 75
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think we will lose by single digits. The home court advantage is what sets them apart. If SDSU stays out of foul trouble, they win. It is critical for SDSU go no deeper than a 7-man rotation. Although leading scorer, Kawhi Leonard, is a So., the A-techs are a senior led team. They, like the Shocks, have looked at this year to be their big year. Roll the ball out and let's ball!!!
                            :clap:

Comment

65-64 shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X