• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post
      I believe
      There is good old Wusquatch!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post
        I believe
        I believe that

Comment

WstateU level necro

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Yes, wildlife and parks confirmed mountain lions in Kansas. And black and brown bears. Brown bears interloping into SW Kansas from New Mexico and black bears wandering into the Wal-Mart men's section in SE Kansas.
            Had a farmer in western Kansas lose two calves to a pair of tagged mountain lions...his farm maybe 5 miles east of the Colorado line. Wildlife officials told him that one of the tagged lions was in the Texas panhandle about a month later.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Had a farmer in western Kansas lose two calves to a pair of tagged mountain lions...his farm maybe 5 miles east of the Colorado line. Wildlife officials told him that one of the tagged lions was in the Texas panhandle about a month later.
              They’ve been seen many times between Florence and Cottonwood Falls.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I understand wanting to preserve our wildlife by expanding their previously "reduced" territory so they can grow their numbers to be sustainable. However, the animals are expanding beyond those areas. People are not used to seeing/encountering big cats and bears in those designated areas especially when they expand outside of those said areas. Whether people are farmers, tourists visiting outdoors places, hikers, bicyclists, the more that big cat/bear numbers increase, the more you will have human encounters. Some will not end well.

Comment

Dl9OtPiU0AAm-dg.jpg:large.jpg
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

That's quite the range.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Most recent "pic" I can find is from October of last year in the San Juan Mountains nearish Durango, Colorado.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Most recent "pic" I can find is from October of last year in the San Juan Mountains nearish Durango, Colorado.

That’s just my uncle Clive taking a nap on the prairie. He’s back at the home now.

Comment

I saw a mluntain lion a few miles south of Abilene in 1975. there was a pickup stopped by the side of the road and a guy standing in the road with binoculars. We stopped to look and saw what was obviously a cat off toward a creek with a lkot of trees.

I was thinking bobcat until I saw the characteristic tail. that pretty much removed all doubt and gave me perspective on the disatance of the lion.

If you want to hunt white tails then you're going to have lions. Most of the lions in Kansas now are solitary males wandering through looking for new territory, but I suspect we have a few breeding populations. There's enough suitable habitat and enough prey to support a self-sustaining population.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's quite the range.
                            Yes, a pretty good distance from northwest Kansas ( Kanarado, I-70) to the Texas panhandle.

Comment

Fun fact: Bigfoot is now officially more rare than Creighton making it out of the first weekend.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Yes we have cougars in Kansas.

cougar-tree.jpg?w=500&ssl=1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X