No announcement yet.

Future scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love SN late night. More people should stay up for it.
    In the fast lane

Comment

I'm sure I speak for most SNers when I say how thankful I am in regard to the process of the neurotransmission in our medulla oblongata. I say prayers every time the neurotransmitters travel across the synaptic cleft and bind to the receptors on the postsynaptic membrane.
      :wsu_posters:

Comment

During his show on Monday, Marshall made it clear that both he and Eric Sexton are definitely not in favor of accepting a one and done offer. Don't expect it to ever happen. Playing the game in Wichita with a top opponent in a one and one at IBA, or accepting a deal like the one we had with LSU are what they want.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          During his show on Monday, Marshall made it clear that both he and Eric Sexton are definitely not in favor of accepting a one and done offer. Don't expect it to ever happen. Playing the game in Wichita with a top opponent in a one and one at IBA, or accepting a deal like the one we had with LSU are what they want.
          :good:

Comment

Three game series with K-State. One at Bramlage, one at Koch, and one at IBA with each school getting half the arena. Or make it a four gamer with the IBA game a WSU "hosted" game and one at Sprint as a K-State "hosted" game.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

2nd option more likely and even more likely a 3 game set with the third being sprint center

Comment

Coach Marshall also mentioned on the Shocker Sports Report on KS22 yesterday that he would like to have a preseason tournament at IBA sometime in the future.

Comment

Hopefully not with three cupcakes like the old days.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I think that for scheduling purposes and RPI considerations, that WSU should try and schedule every mid-major powerhouse to a home and home series. Prove that we are one of the best non-big 6 schools out there.

Next, go on the road and play anybody that projects to have a top 30 RPI, one and done if you have to, get it on ESPN and boost our RPI even further.

Finally, fill in all the home non-con games with high end DII teams. Get the best possible competition that doesn't count against your RPI...

That's one way to attempt an at-large bid.

:(
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                      I think that for scheduling purposes and RPI considerations, that WSU should try and schedule every mid-major powerhouse to a home and home series. Prove that we are one of the best non-big 6 schools out there.

Next, go on the road and play anybody that projects to have a top 30 RPI, one and done if you have to, get it on ESPN and boost our RPI even further.

Finally, fill in all the home non-con games with high end DII teams. Get the best possible competition that doesn't count against your RPI...

That's one way to attempt an at-large bid.

:(
                      That won't happen. It makes too much sense

Comment

Let's say our schedule looked like this:

UConn - L
                        Chaminade - W
                        Virginia - W
                        Utah St. - L
                        Alcorn St. - W
                        Kent St. - W
                        San Diego St. - L
                        UMKC - W
                        Texas Southern - W
                        Tulsa - W
                        George Mason - L

Non-Con - 7-4
                        Conference - 14-4

21-8 and we get surprised in our first game in St. Louis. I'm not including the bracket buster at this time.

Would this be enough just by scheduling other "mid-majors" plus a couple of gimmes? I don't think it would. IMO, when people see Kent St. and Alcorn St. they don't see much of a difference (unless Kent St. has a top 20 type year). I think you need to beat some big boys to open eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound

UConn - L
                          Chaminade - W
                          Virginia - W
                          Utah St. - L
                          Alcorn St. - W
                          Kent St. - W
                          San Diego St. - L
                          UMKC - W
                          Texas Southern - W
                          Tulsa - W
                          George Mason - L

Non-Con - 7-4
                          Conference - 14-4

21-8 and we get surprised in our first game in St. Louis. I'm not including the bracket buster at this time.

Would this be enough just by scheduling other "mid-majors" plus a couple of gimmes? I don't think it would. IMO, when people see Kent St. and Alcorn St. they don't see much of a difference (unless Kent St. has a top 20 type year). I think you need to beat some big boys to open eyes.
                          To some degree you're right. But SOS and RPI do play a role. If we go around losing all those games then maybe we're not worthy. But win a few and we set ourselves up for better seeding and more success in March. Taking on a "big boy" and losing isn't going to do any good. Especially if the rest of the schedule is crap. Losing to another like team won't kill us. Not playing any of them is more likely to.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound

UConn - L
                            Chaminade - W
                            Virginia - W
                            LSU - W
                            Nicholls St - W
                            Kent St. - W
                            San Diego St. - L
                            UMKC - W
                            Texas Southern - W
                            Tulsa - W
                            George Mason - L (Road)

Non-Con - 8-3
                            Conference - 15-3 & win conference

23-6 and we get surprised in our second game in St. Louis. I'm not including the bracket buster at this time (should be a home win).

You've painted a pretty bad picture. Not sure I understand why you took out an LSU win for a Utah St loss or added Alcorn St over a Nicholls St. I'm thinking a first round loss is also a ringer and it alone could keep us out. However, the above just might keep us in.

Comment

I understand why you dont want to take buy games to the big schools. But at the same time, if they want to pay for this ass whooping I say let em.

Comment

Is the new Kansas Governor a WSU Alumni? If so, is it possible he will use his influence to get the Shockers scheduled with K-State and KU? I anticipate a few "I don't care if we play them" responses. Keep in mind that playing them would completely solve our scheduling problems.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X