X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Originally posted by Nightwatchman
    The NCAA field is pretty weak this year. If WSU doesn't have a good run in the tourney it will be a huge disappointment.
    Two things:

1. Can I borrow the time machine that you used to figure out the quality of the NCAA field?

2. How does the overall impact of the field have any impact on the specific teams that you face in the tourney? Oh, wait, did you see who WSU will face in the NCAAs when you set your Delorean wheels spinning? Did we win the Valley regular season and tournament? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Your douchebag switch is stuck "on."

Why does everyone on Shockernet gravitate towards "colossal jackass"?

Dude simply gave an opinion statement. You may give an opinion too, but it doesn't make yours any more valid than his. That is what internet forums are all about.
    You don't visit here often enough rjl. That is either a good thing or bad thing. Bad in the fact that you haven't seen the "other" side of the nightwatcher. You not understanding the guy's backhandedness is funny.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman
      The NCAA field is pretty weak this year. If WSU doesn't have a good run in the tourney it will be a huge disappointment.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
          My ADD is setting in...had to throw this computer into reverse to solve the mystery of what the thread was about. I can't believe (actually I can), I am in conversation in mid-November about Bob Lutz's piece about predicting the NCAA Tourny...to be played over 4 months from now. T.VuOP's first sentence was "Bob Lutz predicted WSU in the Sweet 16. Does anybody care? I wanna say no, but 27 replies indicates different. I, for one, need to be talked off the ledge. I can't wait for the "real" season to start so I can forego my "being void of real college basketball" 12-step program. Let the games begin!!!...PLEASE.
          Well, I for one don’t care what Lutz thinks about anything. Whenever I bother to read him (which is rare these days) I find his prose terrible and his reasoning often incoherent (or just plain pathetic). There are very few things that are worse than an ignorant arrogant blowhard. Lutz’s useful life as a writer and commentator long ago expired, if it ever existed to begin with.

Step back, slowly and carefully, from the ledge. The season will start shortly.

Comment

I actually liked the article by Lutz. I think he knows that early season predictions are meaningless and you might as well have a little fun with them. I think the nugget of truth is WSU going to the elite 8. Depending on how the season progresses, injuries, seeding, hundreds of other factors we have a good enough team to do some serious damage come March.

He did miss the mark completely predicting UNI as the other team to reach the tourney from the Valley. If anybody it's going to be either Mo St or Creighton.

Comment

Working...
            X