No announcement yet.

Bob Lutz' Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Bruce" sounded like he had some doubts last night...I believe the phrase "blowing sunshine toward the Shockers" was used.
    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker
      Lutz is putting the okie-doke on Wichita State. I'm thinking clean up in The Valley for the Shockers before I'm thinking sweet-sixteen or elite-eight. :-x
      I'm thinking let's just start playing and see what we REALLY have. All we have is hope and conjecture so far. We've only played one game -- against a D2 opponent. That's not telling us much. Until the point guard situation is resolved, I don't think anyone can tell just how good we might be. Do we have the talent - you bet we do. But that's not all that is required. I'm a wee bit of a pessimist -- I need to see just a little bit of play before predicting a Sweet 16 or even a Valley Championship. Even with my pessimism, I'm getting excited. I love the Shoxs and want them to win, win, win, and frankly, I hope all the preseason hype is correct.

Comment

The Sweet 16 & following #8 ranking is the single most memorable experience I have as Shocker fan, which includes annual trips to Omaha as an undergrad. I expect more fond memories. The look on MTs face and the smiles of the team when they came over to the cheering section after the TN game was a pretty cool feeling. I look forward to building more memories with HCGM. Good times...good times...
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker
          But if they all make the elite 8, then the games will be in the next two days on Saturday and Sunday.
          I know, but still, better not take chances of fights lol jk jk.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Your pessimism is duly noted, shox21. Shockers better clean up in the Valley if they expect to avoid bubble talk, because the Valley isn't looking too good right now.

Comment

The NCAA field is pretty weak this year. If WSU doesn't have a good run in the tourney it will be a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman
                The NCAA field is pretty weak this year. If WSU doesn't have a good run in the tourney it will be a huge disappointment.
                Two things:

1. Can I borrow the time machine that you used to figure out the quality of the NCAA field?

2. How does the overall impact of the field have any impact on the specific teams that you face in the tourney? Oh, wait, did you see who WSU will face in the NCAAs when you set your Delorean wheels spinning? Did we win the Valley regular season and tournament? Inquiring minds want to know!
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Two things:

1. Can I borrow the time machine that you used to figure out the quality of the NCAA field?

2. How does the overall impact of the field have any impact on the specific teams that you face in the tourney? Oh, wait, did you see who WSU will face in the NCAAs when you set your Delorean wheels spinning? Did we win the Valley regular season and tournament? Inquiring minds want to know!
                  Your douchebag switch is stuck "on."

Why does everyone on Shockernet gravitate towards "colossal jackass"?

Dude simply gave an opinion statement. You may give an opinion too, but it doesn't make yours any more valid than his. That is what internet forums are all about.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

rjl, I'm just going to step back and let the irony of your post set in for you.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Nightwatchman lost his privilege of having his opinion taken seriously from constantly being a "colossal jackass."

Comment

Irony, as defined by good ole' Webster:

A pretense of ignorance and of willingnesss to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspiciuous by adroit questioning.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                          Irony, as defined by good ole' Webster:

A pretense of ignorance and of willingnesss to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspiciuous by adroit questioning.

Comment

My ADD is setting in...had to throw this computer into reverse to solve the mystery of what the thread was about. I can't believe (actually I can), I am in conversation in mid-November about Bob Lutz's piece about predicting the NCAA Tourny...to be played over 4 months from now. T.VuOP's first sentence was "Bob Lutz predicted WSU in the Sweet 16. Does anybody care? I wanna say no, but 27 replies indicates different. I, for one, need to be talked off the ledge. I can't wait for the "real" season to start so I can forego my "being void of real college basketball" 12-step program. Let the games begin!!!...PLEASE.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Kinda like last year for a certain Northeast Kansas school?

Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X