Halftime Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftime Shows

Since this is going to be yet another historic season for the Shockers -- instead of griping about the lackluster halftime shows _after_ they are performed, I was thinking we should be proactive in throwing some ideas out there.

Shows I liked in the past were:

The Chinese girl on the unicycle that was juggling bowls,
    Quick change,
    The dudes doing trampoline jams,
    Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders routine (did I dream that one up?)

Shows that are okay (once per season, otherwise they get moved to suck):

Biddy ball
    Gymnastics

Some shows that suck:

A bunch of mascots playing basketball,
    That dude that jumped around in the big rubber balloon several years ago,
    Painstakingly reading off every single athlete in the university that made the honor roll -- they really need to condense that to the very highest honors.

Some ideas for cheap halftime entertainment:

An alumni only basketball match -- would love to watch local washed up WSU players on the court again
    An amateur dunk competition -- have to pre-qualify to be in it (might get to see some good local talent)

That's all I got.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

The Chinese girl was called "Red Panda" IIRC.

I saw her at Staples Center as the act during the NBA Finals last season!

Comment

The dogs (or was it just one?) chasing frisbees around was pretty cool. That was the only halftime show I got to see last year.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I remember at some point there being a three person act and some girl on a bouncing board doing acrobatic stuff that was kind of interesting. I believe she had two guys carrying the board and walking all over the court as she continued. Or something like that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Red Panda was fantastic. Quick Change have probably run their course, but it is still amazing, even from 15 feet it's tough to comprehend.

Mascot games are more fun, a lot more fun, at the Thunder intermissions.

I have no problem with every student athlete being recognized for academic achievement, but that's just me.

I enjoy the Biddy games.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            I remember at some point there being a three person act and some girl on a bouncing board doing acrobatic stuff that was kind of interesting. I believe she had two guys carrying the board and walking all over the court as she continued. Or something like that.

The Russians were outstanding as well with the pvc pipe taped together.

Comment

The only one I ever stay in to watch is Quick Change. Don't wanna miss that.

Comment

The worst halftime show in recent memory had to be the rowing team demonstration where none of the computer equipment worked and basically they just folded up shop and left because nothing functioned as it should. I realize the athletes weren't at fault, but whoever planned that one really layed an egg.

Frisbee dogs are always fun, but they didn't come last year I don't think. Quick Change is cool, and I actually like the mascot BBall... it's always interesting to see the cartridge from Cartridge world play with the setup of his cosume...!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                  The only one I ever stay in to watch is Quick Change.
                  Where do you go?

:D
                  SFL is back!

Comment

The quality of half-time entertainment seems to vary inversely with the quality of the basketball team. Understandably so, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      The quality of half-time entertainment seems to vary inversely with the quality of the basketball team. Understandably so, I suppose.
                      and the financial strength of the AD/economy.

Since about 2007 I've noticed far fewer "external" halftime shows. Last year I don't think any of the games we attended (7 or so) had any halftime show that wasn't local.

Comment

Anything that keeps the dance team off the floor is fine by me.
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

A few years ago there was a group of middle/high school ages kids doing a drum/marching thing that was pretty interesting. I think they were from KC.
                          “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                          John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76
                            A few years ago there was a group of middle/high school ages kids doing a drum/marching thing that was pretty interesting. I think they were from KC.
                            The Marching Cobra's?
                            SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              and the financial strength of the AD/economy.

Since about 2007 I've noticed far fewer "external" halftime shows. Last year I don't think any of the games we attended (7 or so) had any halftime show that wasn't local.
                              No doubt. If it was my decision I would much rather have dollars going into our recruiting budget(s) than into halftime shows. Not that I don't like a entertaining half-time show but that's not my primary focus in attending Shocker games. Sometimes is nice just to chat with family and friends at halftime.

Comment

Working...
                              X