No announcement yet.

turgeon and the 'bare' cupboard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, yes, I get the point though, I suppose.

Comment

Re: Lost games

Originally posted by MikeShox
      Even when we had the likes of Thompson and Cohen, we didn't lose to those teams.
      Lost to Northern Illinois on the road in 1994 and at home in 1995 under Thompson.
      I vividly remember the 1995 home opener butt wuppin'. That's when the program hit rock bottom.

Comment

Dont forget losing to Delaware State

Comment

"Turgeon and the 'Bare' Cupboard" . . .

Is that a children's book? A modern day Goldilocks?

"And Turgeon looked into Jacksonville State's cupboard and it was way too small to hold a bowl worthy of NCAA tournament success. So he moved on.

Then he opened Wichita State's cupboard. He lingered there awhile. After sampling several well-crafted bowls, finally found one with the Sweet taste he was seeking. But after devouring it, the next bowl was bitter. Time to try the next cupboard.

Then he came to Texas A&M's cupboard. It was stocked with many bowls and Turgeon knew that several of them must have the sweeter porridge he desired, for the bowls were adorned with gold and jewels and pictures of men that could jump high."

I'm not a Turgeon-hater, but I couldn't help it.

Comment

thats priceless.

Comment

Love it Royal, that's "absolutely hand on the hip fabulous!"
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                "Turgeon and the 'Bare' Cupboard" . . .

Is that a children's book? A modern day Goldilocks?

"And Turgeon looked into Jacksonville State's cupboard and it was way too small to hold a bowl worthy of NCAA tournament success. So he moved on.

Then he opened Wichita State's cupboard. He lingered there awhile. After sampling several well-crafted bowls, finally found one with the Sweet taste he was seeking. But after devouring it, the next bowl was bitter. Time to try the next cupboard.

Then he came to Texas A&M's cupboard. It was stocked with many bowls and Turgeon knew that several of them must have the sweeter porridge he desired, for the bowls were adorned with gold and jewels and pictures of men that could jump high."

I'm not a Turgeon-hater, but I couldn't help it.
                Don't forget about the Bowles that he stole from WSU.

Comment

How could I forget the obvious pun? That needs fixed . . .

Then he came to Texas A&M's cupboard. It was stocked with many bowls and Turgeon knew that several of them must have the sweeter porridge he desired, for the bowls were adorned with gold and jewels and pictures of men that could jump high. Then Turgeon saw something out of the corner of his eye. He looked over and realized he forgot to shut the Wichita State cupboard and one of the Bowles fell from its shelf. Luckily, Turgeon was able to catch the Bowles. After admonishing it, Turgeon took pity and set it nicely in the aTm cupboard."

Comment

BTW... it looks like MT's "rotation" is in full swing down in TX. The top MPG player is 27.5 vs 30 last year. Man I am glad to see players staying on the court when they are feeling it.. nothing bothered me more about MT than his sub patterns.

Comment

wow...you guys are amazing...

Comment

"Turgeon took pity and set it nicely in the aTm cupboard."

"And for a year, that is where it will stay." RoyalShock---that was awesome creativity and you do indeed have "your groove on."
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

actually, very funny stuff...good work! :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso
                            Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Originally posted by tolduso
                            I'm the most negative guy on this idiotic board, but don't throw yourselves over the edge yet. They've played 4 games!! Turg left them with nothing. I'm sure part of Ogirri leaving was Turg. I'm sure part of Turg leaving was Ogirri, Kyle and the like bailing. Turg had this whole thing planned for awhile. If it wasn't A&M it was going to be somewhere else. Turg was totally rotten. He made his mark (and his money) and got out. Good for him. I still think he is a terrible game day coach.

But, my God, people, relax a little bit. Once the shots start falling the wins will come. Give yourselves a break and breath. Did you really think the Shox were going to win anything this year? Feel sorry for PJ, Matt, and Phil, not yourselves. Those are the guys that really got screwed.
                            Piss off wanker! Your name name is as bad as your commentary.
                            Boy, that is a great comeback. You must be a politician. So, are you saying I should be in panic mode, like you obviously are? This board is full of the most insecure dorks I have ever come across, you being their leader. Can you not take the fact that the Shox are down a little this year and are rebuilding because of the chaotic mess Turgeon left? Or are you too "idiotic" to admit that? Can you not accept a bit of criticiem about our beloved Shockers? They are rebuilding. This is part of the process. Again, relax... Wanker.
                            Me? In panic mode? You have me confused with some other guy on this board. I'm the one who predicted another 17-14 season with no postseason appearance, I've also made it very clear that I recognize this is a rebuilding year and adjustments are being made. Don't group me in with those who do fly off the handle........Tosser!

Comment

Working...
                            X