No announcement yet.

turgeon and the 'bare' cupboard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the most negative guy on this idiotic board, but don't throw yourselves over the edge yet. They've played 4 games!! Turg left them with nothing. I'm sure part of Ogirri leaving was Turg. I'm sure part of Turg leaving was Ogirri, Kyle and the like bailing. Turg had this whole thing planned for awhile. If it wasn't A&M it was going to be somewhere else. Turg was totally rotten. He made his mark (and his money) and got out. Good for him. I still think he is a terrible game day coach.

But, my God, people, relax a little bit. Once the shots start falling the wins will come. Give yourselves a break and breath. Did you really think the Shox were going to win anything this year? Feel sorry for PJ, Matt, and Phil, not yourselves. Those are the guys that really got screwed.

Comment

I remember hering that Oggiri was talkin about transfering before the year we went to the sweet 16!

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso
        I'm the most negative guy on this idiotic board,
        this board isnt idoitic, its the best!
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'm the most negative guy on this idiotic board, but don't throw yourselves over the edge yet. They've played 4 games!! Turg left them with nothing. I'm sure part of Ogirri leaving was Turg. I'm sure part of Turg leaving was Ogirri, Kyle and the like bailing. Turg had this whole thing planned for awhile. If it wasn't A&M it was going to be somewhere else. Turg was totally rotten. He made his mark (and his money) and got out. Good for him. I still think he is a terrible game day coach.

But, my God, people, relax a little bit. Once the shots start falling the wins will come. Give yourselves a break and breath. Did you really think the Shox were going to win anything this year? Feel sorry for PJ, Matt, and Phil, not yourselves. Those are the guys that really got screwed.
          Piss off wanker! Your name name is as bad as your commentary.

Comment

I agree that Turgeon left the cupboard's bare.

Marshall appears to be an excellent coach. This will be a tough, re-building year.

I think we will continue to improve. Beating UIC today was a nice win.

Marshall was dealt a weak hand (only 5 returning players, only PT over 6'4" tall). That is the worst shape I ever remember in 40 years of watching Shocker basketball.

Marshall will make the best of the very difficult situation handed to him.

The Future looks bright! :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

Piss off wanker! Your name name is as bad as your commentary.
              Boy, that is a great comeback. You must be a politician. So, are you saying I should be in panic mode, like you obviously are? This board is full of the most insecure dorks I have ever come across, you being their leader. Can you not take the fact that the Shox are down a little this year and are rebuilding because of the chaotic mess Turgeon left? Or are you too "idiotic" to admit that? Can you not accept a bit of criticiem about our beloved Shockers? They are rebuilding. This is part of the process. Again, relax... Wanker.

Comment

^I think you're right on. Everyone acted like the sky was falling because we lost 2 games. Relax, people.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                  ^I think you're right on. Everyone acted like the sky was falling because we lost 2 games. Relax, people.
                  Big ups, JD.

Comment

I'm the most negative guy on this idiotic board, but don't throw yourselves over the edge yet.
                    I don't think anybody cares whether or not your a negative Nancy or not, it's more about your talking out your Arse. Case in point:

They've played 4 games!! Turg left them with nothing.
                    What is PJ, MB, PT and Gal? It has to be more than nothing. :D

I'm sure part of Ogirri leaving was Turg. I'm sure part of Turg leaving was Ogirri,
                    99% of know why Ogirri left the program and it wasn't because of Turgeon and 2nd he wouldn't have played this year because of his academics.

Kyle and the like bailing.
                    You do realize that Kyle Wilson bailed because he used his ALL eligibility? :good:

Turg had this whole thing planned for awhile. If it wasn't A&M it was going to be somewhere else.
                    I suppose you believe that 9-11 was a hoax also. Think about what your really saying... Turgeon the "Puppet Master".

Comment

Call me a hater, but I hope Sampay and Bowles both choke in college ball. I'm upset that they chickened-out just because we were getting a coach that is at least as good as Turgeon.

Don't get me wrong, I love Turgeon to this day, and I am now a fan of aTm. However, I think I like Marshall a little more.

Yes, I think Turgeon kinda screwed us over with our recruits (especially by taking Bowles with him), but I think that in the long run, our recruits will work out just as well, especially when we get Orukpe.

Speaking of Orukpe, I've been reading Sully's "Ask Paul a question" page on kansas.com, and he sounds very weary about Orukpe even arriving at all. Man, I hope he doesn't know something that we don't, because we sure could use a 7 foot Center in the middle, whether his talent is raw or not.
                      This house is ROCKIN'

Comment

And "tolduso" is nothing but a troll, here to try and piss people off. I wonder if he's the guy named "honesttruth" over on the kansas.com boards. Don't listen to dudes nonsense, he obviously has no clue what he's talking about.

LOL, Kyle Wilson bailing? What an idiot, LOL. I suppose Paul Miller, Jamar Howard, Randy Burns, and Rob Kampman all bailed too?
                        This house is ROCKIN'

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                          I agree that we need to relax, but the loss to Monmouth represented a complete breakdown of a lot of things. Even when we had the likes of Thompson and Cohen, we didn't lose to those teams.

Now, with that being said, as a team, they are learning a lot and still getting adjusted to a ton of stuff. I for one am prepared to wait through this year, maybe even next in the hopes of sustained success better than MT ever dreamed of.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Let's face it. This is going to be a tough year. Turgeon left the program in shambles and it is going to take Marshall awhile to right the ship.

I believe that Marshall is an even better coach than Turgeon and he will right this ship. I hope he pulls off a miracle and gets us into the Nit or Ncaa this year, but I don't expect it.

I do think he will get us back into the dance and I think that he will do it faster than Turgeon did. But it's probably not going to happen this year. Nobody should panic. Based on the terrible shape of the program that Marsahall inherited, the national pubs are picking us 7th or 8th in the Valley. I bet you anything that Marshall is able to do better than that. I still think that a 5th place finish this year is very realistic and if the players adjust to the new system and the new players come along we could do better.

No reason to panic, but we do need to be take our Rose Colored glasses (or Black and Gold) off and be realistic. Turgeon left the program in shambles and it is going to take awhile to recover -and no I do NOT believe that Turgeon did it on purpose (the Bowles thing IS really bad) , many things happened, like the SO situation to contribute to the bad result.

Comment

Lost games

Even when we had the likes of Thompson and Cohen, we didn't lose to those teams.
                              Lost at home to American under Cohen in 1989.

Lost at home to Coppin State under Thompson in 1993.

Did manage to beat Monmouth at home, in overtime. 1993 Thompson

Lost to Northern Illinois on the road in 1994 and at home in 1995 under Thompson.

Lost to Hofstra in Puerto Rico in 1997 under Smithson.

Lost to Hampton at home in 2000 under Turgeon.

Not to mention some of the exhibition losses over the years.

Let's face it. It happens. Now lets forget Monmouth and go on to a decent season. Lots of improvment during the season and in the seasons to come.

Comment

But didn't Hampton end up being pretty good in 2000?

Comment

Working...
                                X