WSU vs. Monmouth (Saturday, 7:30 pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by melcong4
    I just can't get over tonight's loss for some reason.....and it doesn't help that my OU sooners lost too. what a horrible night? Someone give me some hope.
    Its game 2 of ths season and it can't possibly get any worse. We can only go up!
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Thanks BA2929
      I guess it can't get much worse than tonight.

Comment

• Unless these guys get thier act together ,the y will not finish above 500% for the year. There will be NO post season games. I don't care what anyone says Gal is not a team player( it's all about me) sorry but it's true. I have no hope for this team to turn it around. I have always had faith in the Shocks up until now,but this is rediculous. Rip me if you want but i'm pretty thick skined so have at it. If they do manage to turn this season around there will be a hamburger fry at my house next spring. Right JV? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
        If it feels good - do it!

Comment

• whoa whoa whoa. take it ez.

just breathe in deeply.

everything will be fine. one game at a time.

when we get back from paradise(hell) we can practice more and progress forward.

we should probably lose hope for the non conference.. but by the time the valley comes around things will change. for the best, i might add. until then it's just practice.

GO SHOX.

i'll hold you to that hamburger fry next spring!
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• We will have to improve 100000% when we reach Valley play and it will not happen. I'm not usually this negative but right now my faith is badly shaken. The Burger fry well hapen if they get it turned around. I am a man of my word. Ask JV, DU and WSUshocker. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
            If it feels good - do it!

Comment

• Very rarely does a team 'stink it up' in November and smell like a rose in February. Granted, we did have the reverse of that last year, but that was not the norm.

Every team has glitches, but when they are 2 or more, it is more than a glitch, it is a problem or two that needs addressed and corrected. From what I have seen so far, we do not have any 'Pure shooters' on the team. Gal's shot is a lot better, but he is not a pure shooter. Kyle was close to a pure shooter in form anyway last year. One way to spot them is that they always average above 80% in free throws.

Seems as if we can not defend against a 3 point shooting team that runs a lot of screens. The inside game hasn't been a problem so far this season, other than missing a lot of bunnies.

Cooz is a great player, but I question whether he really has the skills for the NBA, and that puts the question in my mind if he is better playing the 2 rather than the 3. Every best player out of the MVC struggles to make the NBA level in recent years. I said this because it seemed we were rewarded more as a team last year when he was around the basket more, or driving to the basket, or with him rebounding and putbacks.

There seems to be some unsettling of the team as far as their roles within the team, or members that are not living up to their roles.

Yes, and as each game comes along, this year's team is looking more 'Turgeon like' rather than like CGM's team. And the team is getting lazy in the second half on defense.

How to jumpstart this team. Gris and Ellis have to step up on Offense. Clemente has to be more of a main player on the team, or Sampay will eat his lunch. Keep Durley coming on. This would help balance out the team, and allow it to flow better to begin with.

Defense is good, but sometimes when you exert too much energy on Defense, it affects your Offense. Tired or players feeling weak rarely come through on Offense in crunch time.

And then, there are those rare instances when a team just doesn't gel right until that 'one player' joins the team that seems to make everything work right.

Comment

• Not much to argue with there. Or here:

Perhaps more than anything, Marshall needs to find a way to get players to play. Too many Shockers look lost and hesitant. Skills shown in practice disappear when the shiny uniforms and bright lights go on. The list of underachieving Shockers is too long to document. Just take a look down the roster.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The reason we should expect a rare turn around from Nov to Feb is that our two Seniors are stinking it up right now and will make it happen. Come on are people actually expecting PJ to continue to shoot only 6% the rest of the long season that's left? Are WSU fans really expecting PJ and Matt to lead the team in turn overs for the rest of the season? Frustrating yes, but come on lets get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777
                    The reason we should expect a rare turn around from Nov to Feb is that our two Seniors are stinking it up right now and will make it happen. Come on are people actually expecting PJ to continue to shoot only 6% the rest of the long season that's left? Are WSU fans really expecting PJ and Matt to lead the team in turn overs for the rest of the season? Frustrating yes, but come on lets get real.
                    At this point you can't really make a case that they won't....
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• If PJ keeps shooting that way, he won't be getting the ball. So yes, he could still have a crappy %.

This is crazy. We look like the doormat of the MVC. I don't even know that EO showing up will help out at this point. He can't do it all. Maybe it's time to let the guys on the end of the bench play? Harris played some the first game and sounded as if he was doing well. What do we have to lose by playing them? We're already in the 7th place game.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
                        If PJ keeps shooting that way, he won't be getting the ball. So yes, he could still have a crappy %.

This is crazy. We look like the doormat of the MVC. I don't even know that EO showing up will help out at this point. He can't do it all. Maybe it's time to let the guys on the end of the bench play? Harris played some the first game and sounded as if he was doing well. What do we have to lose by playing them? We're already in the 7th place game.
                        I don't think EO would help right now simply because it's said that his offense is what would need work. Right now we need to find an offensive juggernaut LOL. Can we put someone else's jersey on Hawkins? Maybe he could get it going!!!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing about Hawkins. That's really what we need now.

Did Preadom play? If so, how did he do?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
                            I was thinking the same thing about Hawkins. That's really what we need now.

3 minutes with all zeros in all categories. No nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nein. Nyet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                              Originally posted by rrshock
                              I was thinking the same thing about Hawkins. That's really what we need now.

3 minutes with all zeros in all categories. No nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nein. Nyet.
                              Any other PGs on the team then? Can Harris play it?

Comment

• Preadom is a waste of a scholly. I do not see him coming back next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X