No announcement yet.

Am I the only one NOT in panic mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has doc ever said anything negative about the shox?

This is definitely a rebuilding year for the shox, but they have the right coach to turn it around. Also looks to me like the valley is down this year so a 5th or 6th place finish for the shox is still a possibility.

Comment

panic

PJ needs to step it up starting tonight. I expect more than 5.5 ppg to start the season from a battle tested senior. he needs to score 12-15 game night in night out for us.

I'm not in panic mode but what I've seen so far on the offensive side is concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
        Also looks to me like the valley is down this year so a 5th or 6th place finish for the shox is still a possibility.
        Ahh.. so it's at least still a possibility? So if we're lucky enough, we can avoid our destined 7th-10th place finish, and just maybe, if God is on our side, we have an outside shot for 6th? Thanks for the input.

What's your predictions for the Notre Dame game?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm not overly concerned either. We shot like total piss last night and were still in the game. That's promising. We have guys that can score, it just wasn't happening. If we shoot like that all year maybe we will finish 6th in the Valley. But I suspect things will slowly come together and we'll be in the mix in february.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Doc
            To answer your question, NO!

Comment

If we go 0.500 this year, I will not be surprised.

If we win 20 games this year, I will not be surprised.

I am very optimistic about the future. Actually, to quote a venerable sage of this esteemed forum, I need shades.

And lastly....

It's a great day to be a Shocker.

Comment

I just wanted to post this so I could look at my new avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                  I think most people expected this season to take time to come together. Its next season I'm looking for huge things.

Love the new aviatar

:wsu_posters: 8) 8) 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shake what your Mama gave you!

Oh, yeah, no panic hear either. Kinda of funny to see the banwagon fans freak out though.
                    Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

im not worried.

Comment

Definitely not panicked. Rather pissed though.. Losing to the dregs of the Big12 will surely come back to haunt us. Especially when A&M goes in there and throttles them. This was a must-win for egos sake and we didn't get it done. I am very confident however that we will improve as the season goes along and should do well in the Valley. This Baylor team has some legitimate talent and we competed well as a VERY inexperienced team in regards to understanding what the new coach wants and just games under the belt in general.

T

...8)

Comment

As an undergrad during the Coen & Thompson years my advice to this new generation of intrepid Shocker fan "Fear not".

Go Shocks!!!!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I think we all hoped PJ would have a good offensive year, so far it hasn't happened. It has to be a transition if, and that's "IF" it's going to happen. PJ spends so much effort on the defensive end, that his offense will always be compromised. At least Jason Perez picked his spots and was a solid defender, not trying to do much, but staying in passing lanes and trying to anticipate more than rely on his physicality to defend. I don't know if we want PJ to give up his defense, but he certainly will to be the scorer than some of us want him to be.

I would hope that Durley could possibly fill the role of scorer for this team. He certainly has the confidence no matter where he is on the floor.

Shocks will be a great rebounding and defensive team, better than last year's group, the Sweet 16 group, and probably rank among the better WSU teams of the last 10 years. That alone will keep us in ball games. If we can find a scorer or get a few of those shots to fall, even better. Now go beat Monmouth. :yahoo:

Comment

I should add that we have the players and the coaching to sweep 8 of 10 Valley teams and split with CU and SIU-C. Of course that won't happen but I don't see us being limited by our players or our coaching staff.

We have the tools we just need some games.. I personally think we have a good chance of being top 3 in the Valley when it's all said and done and the Valley's down year will contribute to that. There are 4 or 5 teams in the Valley that will be utterly miserable this year. That is becoming quickly apparent.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                                I'm not concerned at all...This is a rebuilding year.
                                I would prefer this be called a "reloading year". Rebuilding means to me that you shouldn't expect much "team achievements", but improvements on a personnel level.

While a "reloading year" means your going to face some early struggles until you get all your tools working together and you will get stronger and by the end of the year be ready to take the next step.

If this is a "rebuilding year", then next year will be a rebuilding year also with the loss of PJ, Matty B and PT.

Comment

Working...
                                X