Coach Turgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^
    That makes perfect sense. I'm sure Turgeon wasn't prepared for the weirdness that is aggy.

aggypedia - your Internet source for debunking aggy
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      My understanding is that MT had an interest in coming back during his time at Texas A&M, not Maryland.
      I heard this story for the first time this year. I personally don't know if it is true. I also heard that who ever was in charge at WSU did not want him back. Another thing I heard was that Turgeon consulted with Larry Brown before he left the shockers. Mark supposedly told Brown that he was very happy in Wichita. And Brown told him that happy doesn't matter. What matters is that you can not win a basketball National Championship there. Further, that your chances improve by going to a power 5 school that can provide resources. Again I don't know if any of this information is true, but it sounds like something you would hear from an arrogant, elitist, self entitled , chickenhawk fan. I do know this:

Danny Manning has never beaten WSU as a player or a coach.
      Mark Turgeon has never beaten WSU as a player and refuses to play WSU as a coach.
      Tad Boyle has never beaten WSU as a coach and refuses to play WSU after getting his butt kicked.
      Bills Self has never beaten WSU as a coach and refuses to play WSU as a coach.
      Greg Marshall is a better coach than all of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I heard this story for the first time this year. I personally don't know if it is true. I also heard that who ever was in charge at WSU did not want him back. Another thing I heard was that Turgeon consulted with Larry Brown before he left the shockers. Mark supposedly told Brown that he was very happy in Wichita. And Brown told him that happy doesn't matter. What matters is that you can not win a basketball National Championship there. Further, that your chances improve by going to a power 5 school that can provide resources. Again I don't know if any of this information is true, but it sounds like something you would hear from an arrogant, elitist, self entitled , chickenhawk fan. I do know this:

Mark Turgeon has never beaten WSU as a player and refuses to play WSU as a coach.
        Tad Boyle has never beaten WSU as a coach and refuses to play WSU after getting his butt kicked.

While I agree with the tenor of your comments,and see Marshall as an incredible coach, in the case of Brown and Self, dislike them as you may, they both have won national titles and in the case of Brown, had pro success....it may have involved cheating, but there IS hardware....

Again...do not like these guys...but can't begrudge the fact they HAVE won...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

While I agree with the tenor of your comments,and see Marshall as an incredible coach, in the case of Brown and Self, dislike them as you may, they both have won national titles and in the case of Brown, had pro success....it may have involved cheating, but there IS hardware....

Again...do not like these guys...but can't begrudge the fact they HAVE won...
          Yeah those two won by cheating. I do not give credit to those that cheat and win. I find it ironic that both Brown and Self won national championships with players who families basically committed prostitution. L Brown got Danny as a player by giving E. Manning a coaching job when he was a truck driver. B. Self got Mario Chalmers by giving his dad a phony position at KU so that they could move from Alsaka. Its funny how the jobs ended for the dads as soon as their sons left. That tells you the jobs were just prostitution.

I look forward to the new probation coming to the chikenhawks for their level 1 violations. Man that video and audio evidence is so hard to beat.

Comment

I take no satisfaction in writing this but ..................................

2000 Bill Self Head Coach -Tulsa 78, Wichita State 49

I think we are getting a little bit "wound up" and it doesn't serve us well. Most of us dislike or hate KU on here but the point is that Turgeon served the Shockers well and he needs the credit for his part in Shocker history.

Ralph Miller was a KU grad too but no one holds that against him. There are some good people who are both Shocker fans and KU fans, although most of more Shocker fans than KU :) Most tolerate KU.

Other than that I hate KU.
            Last edited by Shockm; May 7, 2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I do know this:

Ta Daaaaaa!

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Ta Daaaaaa!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  I take no satisfaction in writing this but ..................................

2000 Bill Self Head Coach -Tulsa 78, Wichita State 49

I think we are getting a little bit "wound up" and it doesn't serve us well. Most of us dislike or hate KU on here but the point is that Turgeon served the Shockers well and he needs the credit for his part in Shocker history.

Ralph Miller was a KU grad too but no one holds that against him. There are some good people who are both Shocker fans and KU fans, although most of more Shocker fans than KU :) Most tolerate KU.

Other than that I hate KU.
                  Say its ok Man!. I miss that Tulsa game in my review. Your right the shocks did lose a game to Self 2 decades ago. Facts do matter. But hey I also missed the fact that Joe Dooley is a KU former assistant under Self and he has not beaten WSU at either Florida Gulf Coast or East Carolina. In fact looking up the record against Self, Dooley, Manning, and Boyle by my count Coach Marshall is 10-0 in wins against these coaches. And on another thread somebody said that Coach Marshall has won 22 or more games each year in the past 11 years.

Well this makes it clear to me why the chickenhawk and wildkitten trolls come on our board to tell us why Coach is washed up and cant coach anymore. This truly explains why the shocks should hire some guy from Furman. Well time for me to go back and look at what JV shocker recently posted. LOL

Comment

after that celebrated freshhman class arrived on campus, and a closer than close loss to creighton in the mvc tournament, wichita state proceeded to perform lower than expectations. certainly, turgeon went to one ncaa tournament when it should have been two or maybe three. '05 or '07 too.

maryland is feelin' it too.

for coaching, there's x's and o's.. and then there's motivation. turgeon seems lacking in the latter. marshall roused the shockers to kick altman down, down, down in omaha.. unthinkable for turgeon.
                    Last edited by another shocker; May 7, 2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

More whiskey, STAT!
                      Banana booze cruise snooze, methinks.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Turg is the guy who will have you close every 2-3 years and maybe in the top 25 but will never take it all the way to the top and finish the job.

Comment

Remember how disappointing it was when the Shocks went to NIT last year? Then how they took the opportunity and ran with it, thus, fairly well salvaging the season on a promising note?

Well, I remember being constantly let down because turg seemed to go the NIT quite often, and mostly after what was usually a pretty promising start to the season, until he got the troops into Valley play. But then when he got there to the NIT you just knew he might, and I mean might, win one game only. That's the turg I remember. That, and 07.

So, no, I'm not knocking him. He was just a notch above mediocre.

Who on this board thinks WSU will never be good again after GGG leaves? Or would never be good again after Randy left? Wichita State is bigger than turgeon, just like like he found out back in 87, when Larry Brown came to Wichita. He'll always be a ChickenHawk to me. Nothing personal.

".. at this level" my a**.
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 7, 2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Turg is the guy who will have you close every 2-3 years and maybe in the top 25 but will never take it all the way to the top and finish the job.
                            I agree, sort of.

Outside of 06 turg never really came close to winning the Valley. One of the years he finished 2nd was a 4 way tie. And what was his record against S. Illinois and Creighton? Did he ever once in 7 years even make it to Sunday for the Valley post-season?

Comment

Turg got us to Marshall and to where we are today. I will always respect him for that.

Comment

Refer to profile pic. That is all

Comment

Working...
                                X