Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Turgeon

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1. I don't doubt the words attributed to LB re: Turgeon leaving. I think that was the impression they both had.
    2. "... at this level..." were words also used (or similar to) by a former baseball coach who came back.
    3. I'll give thanks to all the former coaches, because I'm ready to look forward. It's kinda like all the bad things that happened to me and recognizing that they were part of why I'm where I am today; and that's good!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      MT put out the dumpster fire and got us back to respectability. He set the table, and offered us a gnosh in 2006. It is with HCGM that we have dined, and dined well.
      Oh yes, the 90's...

      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
        1. I don't doubt the words attributed to LB re: Turgeon leaving. I think that was the impression they both had.
        2. "... at this level..." were words also used (or similar to) by a former baseball coach who came back.
        3. I'll give thanks to all the former coaches, because I'm ready to look forward. It's kinda like all the bad things that happened to me and recognizing that they were part of why I'm where I am today; and that's good!
        To make note on "2", there were those who were not sure we should have taken said coach back. For me, I thought we should have only taken him back with a new, reasonable "incentivised" contract that would have paid him, and his coaches, near equal to more based on future performance. I still believe his main thrust on leaving was thinking he/they would not have to recruit much to get even better results. Set in their rocking chairs and have players coming to them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

          To make note on "2", there were those who were not sure we should have taken said coach back. For me, I thought we should have only taken him back with a new, reasonable "incentivised" contract that would have paid him, and his coaches, near equal to more based on future performance. I still believe his main thrust on leaving was thinking he/they would not have to recruit much to get even better results. Set in their rocking chairs and have players coming to them.
          I heard Eddie Fogler talking about recruiting for WSU; stated that recruiting for NC basically was only "deciding which way to turn out of the driveway in the morning." He, too, thought recruiting was too tough at WSU. I think he was just of a mindset, like MT/LB comments, that the only way to win a National Championship was to have a team of 4-5 star AA's as opposed to determined, hard nosed players like FVV, RB, EW, etc. I firmly believe in HCGM and his ability to take us to the top of the mountain.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

            I heard Eddie Fogler talking about recruiting for WSU; stated that recruiting for NC basically was only "deciding which way to turn out of the driveway in the morning." He, too, thought recruiting was too tough at WSU. I think he was just of a mindset, like MT/LB comments, that the only way to win a National Championship was to have a team of 4-5 star AA's as opposed to determined, hard nosed players like FVV, RB, EW, etc. I firmly believe in HCGM and his ability to take us to the top of the mountain.
            For sure. Not a knock on those guys, but they clearly have a Tar Heels/Chicken mindset. Their eye's are on pastures much greener than little 'ol WSU. It showed through their court-side demeanor. Especially fogler, of the two.

            Comment


            • Always like the comment made by fast Eddie when he took the Vanderbilt job when he said the only way he left WSU was he could not turn down the opportunity to coach at a school with such high academic credentials. And left Vanderbilt a few years later to coach at that academic bastion of the south...South Carolina.

              Comment


              • turgeon probably would have left sooner if he hadn't underachieved in '04 and '05. i don't think that celebrated freshman class of kampman, burns and howard even played in an ncaa tournament game.

                '06, wichita state goes to the sweet sixteen and, lo' and behold, turgeon doesn't bolt. '07, wichita state underachieves again and, lo' and behold, turgeon bolts. leaving the shockers threadbare.. just like fogler did. set 'em back to the 90's.

                Comment


                • I respect Turg for being the bridge to the best Shocker coach in my lifetime.
                  Despair - - - > Turgeon - - - > Marshall
                  Last edited by RajFaheen; 2 weeks ago.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    turgeon probably would have left sooner if he hadn't underachieved in '04 and '05. i don't think that celebrated freshman class of kampman, burns and howard even played in an ncaa tournament game.

                    '06, wichita state goes to the sweet sixteen and, lo' and behold, turgeon doesn't bolt. '07, wichita state underachieves again and, lo' and behold, turgeon bolts. leaving the shockers threadbare.. just like fogler did. set 'em back to the 90's.
                    succint

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X