Twin Towers Two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Towers Two?

Has anybody really considered the potential here? Two 7 footers, that by all accounts are not just a couple of stiffs, but can really play, and for 3 years have have them here together. I'm not saying they are Carr & Levingston, but the potential is scary. You put the right ingredients around them, with one of the best coaches in the country. Why couldn't they make a real deep run in the NCAA's in the next few years. The sky's the limit.javascript:emoticon(':wsu_posters:')
    WSU Posters

Comment

Been there done that. But we appreciate your enthusiasm and congratulate you on your very first post on Shockernet.

Comment

I must say: that WSU football helmet sure looks good.

Welcome to Shockernet, shockermo!

Comment

Welcome, shockermo.

I'd a lot sooner see a new poster out here with some enthusiasm than some of the posters we picked up last year.

You can't expect every new poster to have read every thread. Just because we've discussed a topic doesn't mean a new poster wouldn't like to make some input on the subject (and probably hasn't figured out the search stuff to check for threads similar to his/her interest).
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
            Welcome, shockermo.

I'd a lot sooner see a new poster out here with some enthusiasm than some of the posters we picked up last year.

You can't expect every new poster to have read every thread. Just because we've discussed a topic doesn't mean a new poster wouldn't like to make some input on the subject (and probably hasn't figured out the search stuff to check for threads similar to his/her interest).
            This place is hard for me to find stuff sometimes and I've been on a while now.

Welcome aboard Shockermo, and enjoy. I also look forward to this subject as well.

Comment

:wsu_posters: Thanks guys, glad to be in.

Comment

Let me speculate on the original topic.

Stutz can be used as a "traditional" 4 (PF). Orukpe is probably a post player only. Probably the best we can hope for is 2 serviceable years of 2 7' starters. Probably another year of each of them functioning as a role player. Stutz is a potential 3 year starter. 4-year starter isn't what I'd expect.

If Orukpe is a 2-year starter (not counting this year), he could be in a good position to declare for the NBA.

Anything past that level of contribution is gravy.

Ellis is showing some ability as a Fr. He's probably going to be able to defend a 6'4" or so 3-guard, which we see in the Valley. There's a decent possibility we see 2 years of a frontcourt that's 6'9" or taller. "Triple Towers" - anyone?

Hawkins looks very capable of playing the 3 (SF). That gives an option for more quickness on a smaller team and a chance to keep solid players in the lineup in case of foul problems, "breather" substitutions or injuries.

I expect Murry and Hannah will be involved. There's always the chance that Mekel will go Euro pro once he sees the NBA isn't a likely result for him, but I still expect Mekel will opt for finishing his college education.

If the current players stay - and that's never a guarantee, Durley and Butler look like role players of the future. I'd love to see Hatch get some minutes, but provide leadership in practice and the locker room. I'm confident he can do it. Sometimes that's as important as on-court stats.

That looks like decent starters and decent depth. That could affect Marshall's recruiting ability. It's harder to recruit when there are returners looking to get the majority of minutes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm thinking "The Great Wall of WuShock".........

BTW, welcome aboard Shockermo. Wear that helmet proudly. The last time it was worn in a game against K-State, we came out winners!!

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                    I'm thinking "The Great Wall of WuShock".........

BTW, welcome aboard Shockermo. Wear that helmet proudly. The last time it was worn in a game against K-State, we came out winners!!
                    Wall Of Wu

Comment

Welcome to the greatest community of sports fans ever and a large group of friends I have never meet face to face! 8) 8) :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks:
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I will be suprised if JTD is just a roll player for the remainder of his career (assumming he graduates at WSU). In fact, I expect he may start his junior year and Stutz may come off the bench. There is always room for a strong 6-7 PF, espescially when you can run two 7 foot centers at the opposition as a compliment. Either way, a three man rotation of JTD, EO, and GS in the post should be formidable in 09-10!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                          I will be suprised if JTD is just a roll player for the remainder of his career (assumming he graduates at WSU). In fact, I expect he may start his junior year and Stutz may come off the bench. There is always room for a strong 6-7 PF, espescially when you can run two 7 foot centers at the opposition as a compliment. Either way, a three man rotation of JTD, EO, and GS in the post should be formidable in 09-10!
                          Hi I'm JT Durley, my knee hurts and I like Twinkies. 8)

Comment

JT looked pretty good tonight.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think he looked very good early, but seemed to tire some with all of the minutes he played tonight.

I was pleasantly suprised overall though. If he gets even more 'conditioned' he could be a nice asset.

Comment

Working...
                              X