Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rasslin'.

Comment

Scum forced to play in the CIT, and not in the Quest, but in another Omaha facility that makes the old Kansas Coliseum seem like Dallas Cowboys Stadium?

Freaking.
      Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
        I will never forget, when CU trashed WSU unmercifully because the Shockers were invited to the NIT in 2003.

The haughty Blue Birdies called it the Nobody's Interested Tournament.

Now the Blue Birdies are going to the most minor of minor league post season tournaments.

My, my how the mighty has fallen.
        Apparently the CIT is the Creighton's Interested Tournament, Ricky..

Comment

While I would like to see my Redbirds play at least 1 more time this year, I'm really hoping we can squeak into the NIT. Not sure too many of our fans would be really excited about a CBI/CIT game unless it's against a decent name team. Even then....I'm still not a fan of non-NCAA sanctioned pay-to-play tourneys.

2 years ago we hosted back-to-back NIT games against Utah State and Dayton. Both games were a blast and had our 2 loudest crowds of that season. I'd love to get that opportunity again. The CBI/CIT just wouldn't have the same feeling IMHO.
          I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

"Creighton Sucks" T-shirt, where can i get one of those, i know one of those guys who made them, post on here.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Schadenfreude is my favorite flavor of ice cream. Its angst-y!!!

Seriously, F the BJs in their collective As.

Comment

Keep your words sweet because you never know when you are going to have to eat them. I too remember the bj's just rubbing it in when we went to the nit a couple of years in a row and they were dancing. I won't join in and belittle them but karma does have a way of biting you in the butt, huh cretin fans.

Comment

At least they have continued their post season "streak"....

Comment

I'm not going to criticize the tourney. I remember how happy we were last year when WSU got invited to one of those, which resulted in two more home games and a chance to see Stanford.

Having to play it at Civic is where I split a gut.

Somebody had an avatar of Qwest with a big N at center court when it was used for a Nebraska game. Now CU can't play a post-season game there. That's some home court those boys up there have got.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

They're playing a game Tuesday, right? If so, their getting booted out of "their" arena and there's nothing going on that night!!! The next thing is Thursday (NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships)

Comment

That's very interesting. It seems putting a basketball floor in and out shouldn't take days - and neither should it take days to set up wrestling.

Maybe CU feels they can't justify the rent at Qwest for one of the post-season "C" tournaments. That would be just as humorous as getting booted for an event that was actually happening at Qwest.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                        X