Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is OUR TIME!!! MVC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I have a question for the more sane members that saw the game, and I regret that I didn't make the opportunity to be able to ask ShockRef in person this question at the game but it was impossible with family.

On the first play of the second half, Garrett beat Lurch with a dribble drive flush. Once beaten, Asshat placed both hands on Garrett's backside and shoved him, seemingly in order to get a foul and prevent the basket, however he was too slow to undercut Garrett. This was right in front of me, 7 rows up. I confirmed the act on DVR late last night.

I understand the "no harm no foul" mentality, however in this case, harm was 100% intended, imho.

Was it a)a terribly blown call (Paul Janssen couldn't have missed it as he was in perfect position) or b)Garrett not getting the call because he is big or c)me blowing something out of proportion?

My last question (at least for now) refers to players whining to the officials along the lines of "hey watch 23 hang from my nutsack when I'm posting up". A lot of kids do it (far too many) but little Koch was doing it quite a bit and he sold Sanzere on it 2 times, and they were both big fouls (time to sit type of fouls), both half flops and both off ball, and frankly it was annoying that a freshman could "sell" that and a ref would buy it.
    I saw the same thing you did. They call fouls on lesser touches than that.
    I saw it and the TV commentators referred to it "the big guy got away with a shove".

Query: What is an intentional (flagrant) foul worth if the basket is made? Would it be reduced to one FT and retaining possession?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
      I have a question for the more sane members that saw the game, and I regret that I didn't make the opportunity to be able to ask ShockRef in person this question at the game but it was impossible with family.

On the first play of the second half, Garrett beat Lurch with a dribble drive flush. Once beaten, Asshat placed both hands on Garrett's backside and shoved him, seemingly in order to get a foul and prevent the basket, however he was too slow to undercut Garrett. This was right in front of me, 7 rows up. I confirmed the act on DVR late last night.

I understand the "no harm no foul" mentality, however in this case, harm was 100% intended, imho.

Was it a)a terribly blown call (Paul Janssen couldn't have missed it as he was in perfect position) or b)Garrett not getting the call because he is big or c)me blowing something out of proportion?

My last question (at least for now) refers to players whining to the officials along the lines of "hey watch 23 hang from my nutsack when I'm posting up". A lot of kids do it (far too many) but little Koch was doing it quite a bit and he sold Sanzere on it 2 times, and they were both big fouls (time to sit type of fouls), both half flops and both off ball, and frankly it was annoying that a freshman could "sell" that and a ref would buy it.
      Doc,
      Most and I emphasize most of the time, if the player is clearly on the way to making a basket and contact occurs that:

1) Will not affect the play or
      2) Would result in what we refer to as a game interrupter

We let it go.

On the other hand, if the contact appears to be:

1) Intentional (a non-basketball play) or
      2) Clearly an intent to cause injury

We hit it every time.

I saw the play in question.

FWIW, I considered it a non-basketball play & would have blown the whistle. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• "DUI" chant.

Funny - a few Illinois State Fans started in the section beside us - everyone else picked up on it. Kudos to the ISU red fans. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11
          I want to root for UNI in the tournament. I really do. I would like to see a team from the MVC succeed and win some games, and with the way they play they have a chance to do it.

However, with the players they have.. I'm just not sure if I can. The Koch brothers are both very cheap players that throw elbows constantly. Even O'Rear threw an elbow yesterday at one of our players. WuDrWu pointed out a play that Egleseder pulled. I get tired of also seeing their players flop around all over the place like they're trying out for a role in a movie.

Chances are, UNI will get refs that will call them out for the cheap things that they pull. And if they do.. it's not going to be a pretty day for them.
          I will be rooting for any team that is playing UNI. Hopefully there will be only 1 team. I know I shouldn't be that way, but the bottom line is I don't like UNI because they are a classless bunch. But if they do win, I hope they win big and their coach cashes in and sends their program into the abyss.

Comment

Working...
          X