No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I certainly commend our military for their service, only our wars are usually decided by unknowing Politicians.

To fight a futile war, IMO, does not justify the deaths and injuries that occur.

The Iraq war, is a futile war, IMO. It was not justified in the beginning (maybe 10-15 years later, but not then), and look at all of the ramifications that our own country is suffering because of it, debt, killed, injuried, handicapped, mental treatment.

The end result over there will be the same no matter when we pull out, the government will be a religious crusade for domination.

In otherwords, it will be another Viet Nam. Now, are you going to tell me the Viet Nam war was worth the loss of 58,000 American lives, and the aftermath of it all?

Comment

• Snap, you are entitled to your opinion but you are confused. The last few post were to thank those who give their lives so you can have your opinion. Not to start posting your political views.

KEEP IT TO SHOCKER SPORTS.

:wsu_posters:

Edit: sorry just not the place for political crap !!! :D

Comment

• If you want to debate the war there's a thead in the Off Topic forum.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
          Snap, you are entitled to your opinion but you are a [edit]. The last few post were to thank those who give their lives so you can have your [edit] opinion. Not to start posting your [edit] bull. KEEP IT TO SHOCKERSPORTS.

If this is going to turn into a political forum, I'm out of here.

:wsu_posters:
          While I agree that this isn't the thread, nor the section for that matter, to discuss the merits of the Iraq war, calling people idiots for having a viewpoint different than yours is pretty juvenile.

Take it to off topic and keep it civil.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• One thing that iam absolutley sure of is that real change in the fundamental attitudes of the oppressors is so far into the future that it seems futile,but i believe it is our cross to bare.There certainly are compelling arguments to either side of the war issue but it is my belief that islamofascism is very real and it will not stop until it is stopped.Thanks for the kind words.
            I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

• Far be it to me to get the subject on this thread back to where it belongs but.....It is really bothering me that after all of the enthusiastic, positive, attention getting words coming from the Basketball dept. that all of a sudden they are being so quite......Does anyone else feel this way?

Comment

• It does seem a bit odd that there has been nothing released at all from the Basketball Dept. Maybe they're hoping that since he now has his visa that people will calm down a bit and let them spend more time worrying about other recruits or helping plan the travel for Ehimen.

When he gets here I'd expect something. I can almost guarantee there'd be something said as there would be plenty of questions about the new recruit that's officially on campus.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Shockfan8,

I think this whole process has worn on the basketball program and now they are just going to sit back and relax for a second.

They have been at this ever since HCGM arrived in Kansas. And since the beginning they have been answering questions about it all the time...trying to get communications to Nigeria all the time... wondering if this potentially program changing recruit would ever get to WSU all the time. Now they can finally have a beer and enjoy the moment.

Comment

• I think they are in lower expectations mode.

Comment

• First, congrats to Subby. Sometimes he's the only one that gets my jokes.

Second, a big thank you to WUwolf. No matter what the opinion on the war, he's got more guts than I'll ever possess.

Third, the radio silence from the MBB department is probably nothing more than a cautionary move to keep expectations of the kid, and he is still a kid, from getting completely overblown. Like it or not, we are in a rebuilding mode, and although I think we'll finish far better than last year, it's still a wise move to give the new class time to settle in and learn the system.

We know that the LOI situation is not a problem, he has a visa, we're all but certain that the NCAA clearinghouse won't be an issue, so the only thing standing between him and WSU is probably a 13-ish hour flight from Lagos to Wichita. Let's not create things to be worried about. The future is too bright for that sort of thing.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

• I feel the same as Shockfan8. The quite increases my concerns about the Clearing House although I expect him to get through it OK. I doubt if there is cause to be concerned about him going to another D-1 school.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• I have to believe that with all the resources that have been expended to recruit EO and get the visa issue resolved the coaching staff feels like the rest is a foregone conclusion.[/i]
                          I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

• You are probably right.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• The coaching staff might be pretty busy with other things than discussing Orukpe. We're still in the signing period and every expectation is that they're not done signing players - ir at least aren't done trying to sign players.

Oh, FWIW, US Army 1969-1975. I hold 2 offices in Thomas Hopkins American Legion Post 4 by the downtown tag office. I feel pretty qualified to discuss wars and VietNam, but this sure isn't the place to do it.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Maybe it's because the people who have seen him play have already said what they think, and Marshall is waiting to see him in person before he makes a comment?
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X