National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio View Post
    Where can I get a cup of that black and yellow Kool Ade? Or is it black and gold Kool Ade?

Some of this talk reminds me of the Doggie talk on the Valley board.
    some things never change. lol

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      What if----Stallworth and Bowman would have played at the Dance their Senior year when we made the Final 4? What if---we would have been eligible to even play at the Dance the year we beat the Soviet Union without A. Carr. What if, we would have beat George Mason here in Wichita like we should of? Then they would have never had an invite to the Dance.
      So what about now? Most anything conceivable is possible, but how feasible? Right now, getting to the Dance on a regular basis is paramount of us to even remotley dream of this being a reality. However, what if Coach Marshall gives us at least 7 years and we make it to the Dance most of those years? Then the Elite 8 and even the Final 4 is possible if every solitary good thing and break went our way. If George Mason made it to the Final 4, then why can't we?
      see? here's the winner. it should have been obvious.. except to certain people like black and yellow del rio, wheaties, turgeon etc.

Comment

Every decent team should have a goal of winning a NC. At WSU, that's now a realistic goal. It's a legitimate goal.

Aiming for a NC, and ending up as a S16 team is no disgrace. Going 1-1 in the dance isn't a disaster.

Aiming high is good thing. Disappointment when the result is a little lower than the aim should be avoided.

Missing the Dance or pulling a Creighton and losing in the first round with an auto bid is cause for disappointment with the players and coaches WSU has and appears to be getting.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Every decent team should have a goal of winning a NC. At WSU, that's now a realistic goal. It's a legitimate goal.

Aiming for a NC, and ending up as a S16 team is no disgrace. Going 1-1 in the dance isn't a disaster.

Aiming high is good thing. Disappointment when the result is a little lower than the aim should be avoided.
          Agreed.

Let's not be like KU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Agreed.

The difference between them and us is they think they are entitled just because they are ku.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              The difference between them and us is they think they are entitled just because they are ku.
              True, but some on here think that our Final Four entitles us to sign high profile recruits. I've seen several comments that WSU is the only legit choice due to our recent success, or that we must not have wanted player X because they chose to go to a mid-major school.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                Agreed.

Meh, I couldn't pitch my nose up that high even if I tried.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  True, but some on here think that our Final Four entitles us to sign high profile recruits. I've seen several comments that WSU is the only legit choice due to our recent success, or that we must not have wanted player X because they chose to go to a mid-major school.
                  Maybe I'm entitled but my money is on a very good recruiting class when all is said and done. Maybe not the best but up there.

Comment

Comedy Gold Comedy Gold...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

By the way, YES!

I’m feeling it in my old bones. Hopefully, it isn’t a stress fracture or osteoporosis. :)

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Re: National Championship

Does anyone else have the feeling that this guy must have been smoking crack when he posted this topic? First, GM won't be here for more than 5 years (assumming his plan works out, makes this team a consistent 20 game winner every year and makes the NCAA Tourney as well).

If his plan works, BCS programs will be a callin'. Lastly and more important, no matter how well we do, WSU will never be able to recruit the 4/5 star atheletes National Champion Teams do.
                        As KC typically does, he hit the nail on the head.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agree, the most humorous post of all.

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          KC = Nostradamus

• shockrah
                          shockrah commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'd have lost it if this was added: ...everyone knows the only way we will be nationally relevant in 5-10 years is in baseball.
                          Last edited by shockrah; April 23, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

As KC typically does, he hit the nail on the head.
                        I told KC of the post you made. He wanted to know what compelled you to reference one of his comments he made 12 years ago. Either you are to be commended for having a photographic memory or viewed with caution as this borderlines on infatuation. Throwing my two cents in, KC is sorely missed. The TV show The View has Meghan McCain to provide the counter point perspective, KC played the same role on Shockernet. He was ultimately banned due to disparaging remarks he made about Austin Reeves, his proclivity to injuries and HCGM should ‘cut bait’. No one is missing Austin now. That being said, shame on you Fever for Monday Morning Quarterbacking 12 years after the fact. That’s Bush League and you know it.

PS. KC is still wanting his ban lifted. Heck, there are convicted felons who do less time than what KC has.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And no one misses KC

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Tell him 'hi' from the Shockernet crew...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ixE0YYKtWJpmM/giphy.gif

• BOBB
                          BOBB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I dont miss Austin. Gym class hero but a brokedick who melted on the big stage. Proof that a broken clock is right twice a day or that the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

I wouldnt trade any of our roster for Austin. I wouldnt trade any of our posters for KC...maybe the kid that starts all the polls.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

I told KC of the post you made. He wanted to know what compelled you to reference one of his comments he made 12 years ago. Either you are to be commended for having a photographic memory or viewed with caution as this borderlines on infatuation. Throwing my two cents in, KC is sorely missed. The TV show The View has Meghan McCain to provide the counter point perspective, KC played the same role on Shockernet. He was ultimately banned due to disparaging remarks he made about Austin Reeves, his proclivity to injuries and HCGM should ‘cut bait’. No one is missing Austin now. That being said, shame on you Fever for Monday Morning Quarterbacking 12 years after the fact. That’s Bush League and you know it.

PS. KC is still wanting his ban lifted. Heck, there are convicted felons who do less time than what KC has.
                        Rattled much? Don’t like what you had to say then maybe you shouldn’t have said it? Don’t get mad at me for what you said. I couldn’t find anything in this thread that I stated that I regret. Maybe you should consider this going forward seeing that’s how you got banned.

I didn’t bump the thread btw. I just read what you typed, laughed at how bad you were at your prediction, and complimented you on it.

If anybody should be apologizing, it should be you. But we know you aren’t gonna own up to being that wrong about something.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was me with the 'bump'! :) While searching for something else late last night, I stumbled across this classic and literally laughed myself to sleep.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Rattled much? Don’t like what you had to say then maybe you shouldn’t have said it? Don’t get mad at me for what you said. I couldn’t find anything in this thread that I stated that I regret. Maybe you should consider this going forward seeing that’s how you got banned.

I didn’t bump the thread btw. I just read what you typed, laughed at how bad you were at your prediction, and complimented you on it.

If anybody should be apologizing, it should be you. But we know you aren’t gonna own up to being that wrong about something.
                        KC is not rattled whatsoever. Let's keep things in perspective here, we've seen three different United States Presidents in the office since this comment was made. Pat Mahomes was a 6th grader, Beowulf was the number one movie in the land and my wife's Nissan Murano had 170,000 less miles on it. Jiminy Christmas, how petty can one be? Heck, let's just start a sticky thread titled, 'All Wrong Predictions & Comments Here" while we're at it if this is so important and worth pursuing.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X